• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack’s-Jane Never Existed 😳

Nooooo!!!!!
You can't just disappear into the ether. I didn't think it was possible. T'internet is immortality, surely.
I hope yout alter ego reappears shortly from wherever it has been hiding.

I can't copy and paste it without some weird pane coming up! Anyway, the apostrophes are different. Your old user name has a different apostrophe to the one you put in your search.

I can't copy and paste it without some weird pane coming up! Anyway, the apostrophes are different. Your old user name has a different apostrophe to the one you put in your search.
You are right! I just copied and pasted the name from members and it worked out on a search for post. You need to use this apostrophe type. - Jack's-Jane

Could that be how you got locked out of your account? Not that the password was wrong, but the username?

Could that be how you got locked out of your account? Not that the password was wrong, but the username?
I was just thinking this!

Coz it was only on the iPad you couldn't get in iirc but could on PC that remembered username

I was just thinking this!

Coz it was only on the iPad you couldn't get in iirc but could on PC that remembered username

The PC was/is now a laptop. So if it was the apostrophe on the device that was different to the one I was registered with then I wouldn’t have been able to get on on the Laptop.

I am so confused now 🙈🤣

Yes! This would explain it. We were all thinking of super technical stuff that might have been the issue and it looks like it was a 🤬 apostrophe. 😲🤣

Just dipped into this and sort of wish I hadn't as how many different types of these (') are there? I thought an apostrophe was an apostrophe. Have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick? :ROFLMAO:

Just dipped into this and sort of wish I hadn't as how many different types of these (') are there? I thought an apostrophe was an apostrophe. Have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick? :ROFLMAO:
No, as I understand it, you have got hold of the right end of the stick :LOL:

I'm left wondering whether this 'difference' in character formation is in fact limited to apostrophes. When you think about it, there's absolutely no reason why it should be.

Now wouldn't you have thought that some sensible person could have standardised these characters? It would seem to be a basic requirement. And Jane can't be the only one that has encountered problems like this. Our access to anything online is mostly restricted based on correct input of user name and password.

Last edited:
Back