• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've made enquires about a friend for Willow U/D home + pics

I am really pleased that the bonding has gone so well :D I hope that they will continue to get along when they come home xx

Well, bunnies are home and safely tucked up in their shed. They were sat snuggled up next to each other in a litter tray when I went to collect them. Willow is acting as if she's never been away and has enjoyed some good nose rubs accompanied by tooth purrs. Herb as we've decided to call him is very nervous and runs and hides in the box when I open the door to put in the snugglesafes. When I took him out of the carrier he was happy to have a stroke whilst I held him close to me, his fur is incredibly thick and silky. He has a really unusual striped coat in shades of brown that I hadn't realised from the photo, whether it's a moult pattern or not, I haven't a clue. I'm just leaving them to settle in at the moment, but will try and get some photos when I can.

I couldn't resist spending a few minutes sat in the shed with their door open - well until I started to freeze! I think his markings are moult lines having had the chance to have a proper look. They were sitting next to each other, but of course Willow chops decided to abandon him in favour of looking for treats and strokes! You can just see his cataract in the last photo.
hkZhnwXl.jpeg

bwdnLTql.jpeg

GOJyQUtl.jpeg

I know, but I couldn't help myself. I went and sat on the shed floor for a bit. Both bunnies came and took some bits of fenugreek crunchie from my hand. It doesn't show well in the photo, but Willow was grooming her leg and Herb put his head down and she gave him a quick groom. :love:
aJITAiil.jpeg

1zDBhFKl.jpeg

I know, but I couldn't help myself. I went and sat on the shed floor for a bit. Both bunnies came and took some bits of fenugreek crunchie from my hand. It doesn't show well in the photo, but Willow was grooming her leg and Herb put his head down and she gave him a quick groom. :love:
aJITAiil.jpeg

1zDBhFKl.jpeg

:love:

Buns have been great overnight. I checked them at 1.30am (couldn't sleep) and they were bun loafed side by side. Herb took his fenugreek crunchie off me again this morning and even let me touch his nose. Willow is her usual cheeky self too x

Buns have been great overnight. I checked them at 1.30am (couldn't sleep) and they were bun loafed side by side. Herb took his fenugreek crunchie off me again this morning and even let me touch his nose. Willow is her usual cheeky self too x

Great news :love:

:love:

Ow my gawd - adorable is an understatement for these tow loved up cuties. It's a wonderful thing - just beautiful.:love:

OMG. Herb doesn't like humans. His fosterer tried to give him a nose rub once and he growled and boxed her. I've just given him 5 strokes on his nose without objection! I'm amazed.
They're been out in the run (supervised) for the first time today. Herb spent an hour trying to pluck up the courage to manage the 4 inch drop from the shed into the run. Willow kept giving him nose bumps and demonstrating the jump in and out. I'd seen him hop on and off the hide in the shed so I knew he could do it. I took pity on him and put the old ramp we had from when Flop was arthritic in place and within 5 minutes he was out exploring. After 15 minutes he was sat happily grooming himself in the run, so I nipped in and took out the ramp and after checking it out he was hopping in and out like a pro. He had a great time chinning everything and there was no aggression or tension between them.
Willow knows her tea time and has a routine where she runs into the corner of the run where it meets the shed by the shed door, periscopes there and watches me go in the shed and then bounds inside to be waiting at her door ready for her tea. Tonight Herb tagged along with her on this routine.
I'm so pleased we adopted him *touch wood* they both seem to be much happier now they're together.

Back