• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Choosing a husbun for Galinda

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I am off to PACT (in Norfolk) to look at the single rabbits they have available for adoption on Wednesday. I don't mind what breed/what colour or anything like that when taking into account a husbun for her. What I want is a partner that is the best for the both of them.

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to ask/what to look out for when picking out a husbun. PACT say that in the past 8 years they have only had one female/male bonding pair fail it doesn't really matter who I pick out, so long as I like them. I'm obviously being a little more cautious - because the statistic could only be that they know of and I really want what is best for the buns.

Galinda is the full biological sister of Elphie. She's another beautiful blue dwarf lop, who celebrated her 5th birthday in January. Of course, she is spayed and up to date with her vaccinations. They were the two main concerns for the charity.

She's a bit more cautious than Elphie, unless she knows somebody really well (so, me). She isn't the kind of bun who likes lots of handling - she much prefers to have all four paws on the ground. She isn't overly keen on fuss and the like either. She's a bit finicky with her pellets at times, but continually begs for food if you are outdoors and in her eyesight. She's a bit of a digger. Galinda is a real diva; she thumps a lot if you're too slow with her food - and I have to scatter feed, especially her veg, to keep her occupied. She goes into grumps mode if I'm away for a short while (like, a weekend). She goes into destructobun mode with quite a few things and loves playing with toys. I'm hoping that a husbun will give her an outlet for her energy and needs for continual enrichment.

Obviously, I'd quite like to give a home to a buck who has been overlooked for some time. But as I said, according to PACT, all her partner needs to be is a buck.

So, what should I really be looking out for and what questions should I be asking?

I don't know, but he's clearly got to be Fiyero! :D Sorry, nothing helpful to say..!

Back