• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've got the Pre-loved Preston bun! (With pics)

Hi Lisa, I know Gemma and met the bunny on Monday (who was gorgeous) and Gemma told me personally that you were a lovely person and the rabbit and guineapig were well cared for so she in no way thinks you are a bad owner whatsoever. I can vouch for that totally.

As far as the piggies go, Gemma said to me that your cage would have been too small for mum and babies and sadly from experience we know that people who haven't had baby pigs before don't know to seperate the boys off at 3 weeks and often end up with dozens of pigs. Being a member of a rescue forum - both rabbit and piggy - I have seen cases again and again when pregnant pigs end up with dozens of offspring purely due to the owner not realising how easily they breed. I'm sure this is all that Gemma meant, again she said to me that you were a really nice owner who wanted the best for her pets.

Just as an aside - I suggested to Gemma she pm'd you to find out if anyone had directed you to this thread. You may have read on my thread that someone on RU is deliberately contacting people to say don't rehome to anyone from RU and it has stopped several rabbits in the past finding good homes. I found it too big a co-incidence that you just happened across RU - why would you be looking for a rabbit forum when you had just rehomed your rabbit? Someone on RU is out to cause trouble for rescuers - nothing to do with you I know but we are trying to find out who is the troublemaker.

I still find it hard to think it is a co-incidence you happened to find RU then happened to join (why?) then found Gemma's thread. But if that is what happened then please accept my apologies for Gemma's pm to you as it was my suggestion.

If you were directed to here by someone and would like to discuss it further please pm either myself or perhaps the admin on RU who I'm sure would be interested to hear who - if anyone - is trying to prevent rabbits going to good homes.

Kathryn

I just thought I'd mention that these threads do come up on google.

I just thought I'd mention that these threads do come up on google.

Do they? I'm surprised that unless someone is actively looking for a thread mentioning a rabbit in Preston on Preloved, it pops up when someone does a search for guineapigs :?

Maybe if someone can do the search and find this thread randomly I'll be convinced - I've tried and I get guineapig rehome, and other rescues but nothing regarding a preloved rabbit in Preston....

what disaster is that then gemma? another was it a disaster me letting my rabbit go to a better home i didnt phone cos i wanted both guinea pigs! i i obviously didnt know 1 was pergnant. i only phoned for 1 guinea pig not a whole herd lol you pmd me asking how i found this forum anything can be googled and while looking for a guinea pig up popped this and ppl talking bout me lol cant haide on the net im affraid hehe im glad buny is at his new home and happy he deserves it but please give it a rest now implying that im a bad owner i do my best for my pets and often they come before me.

I have looked back through these pages lisaloo and the only criticism I found against you was that concerned with the accommodation you offered your piggy and rabbit. You clearly knew this was an issue yourself and did the right thing by them in seeking new homes - nobody is dissing you for that in the world as you saw the situation and rectified it. The only other comment made was that concerned with another piggy being introduced - as mentioned the "disaster" was directed at what could have happened if the wrong piggy was placed - NOT that you are some "animal-hating lunatic" on a mission to cause mayhem.;)

I am glad that you cared enough about your animals to find them new homes when you realised your set up wasn't ideal - for that you are indeed a good owner and nobody is saying otherwise.

If you have been directed here by somebody wanting to upset you (though I feel you have little to be upset about in doing the right thing for your pets) then I suggest that you make this person known to RU admin/kayjay. Know that you did the right thing and that your rabbit will find a home compatible with it's needs. Know also that nobody here is out to personally attack you in trying to do right by your pets. I have "Googled" both 'Guinea Pigs' and 'Guinea Pigs Preston' and neither this forum or your ad comes to view...which makes me suspect that somebody was indeed trying to upset you.:(

All the best,

TP;)

:love::love:He's lovely Gemma ..

Lisaloo where has gemma said you are a bad owner :? ?
I agree with the others i think someone has contacted you about this thread,someone that wants to upset people and get people arguing :(

Kathryn has covered everything for me so I won't add much more other than just to say, if you remember Lisa I did mention to you that you would be welcome to a baby boar when the pre-loved piggy has her babies if there is one, trust me, I wouldn't have done that if I though you were a bad owner. Sorry you have been upset by anything that you've read here.

xx

i did infact find this forum by accident was lookign for a guinea as a friend for my adult male i have now when searched for guinea pig in preston it came back about 4th link down page help with rabbit and guinea pig preloved or soemthing like that and thougth oh i might be able to take the guinea pig then noticed it was my own ad being taked about on here. so no no one pointed me here never been on a pet forum before obviously if i knew this site was even here i would have posted to re home here 1st,
gemma im sorry if i took it worng but with me being offended 2st time that being accidental cos of wording of my free add, then thinking that you meant for me to get another guinea pig would be a disaster but i didnt know she was pregant obviously i would have got her doctored but we went to pets at home and bougt a baby male yesterday so he now had a new friend they get on great will this stay like this or will they fight when baby is older? will i have to get them doctored?

Hi Lisa

Aww, glad you got Piggy a friend! What colour is he?

There's really no way to tell if they will fight when they get older, but I've got several pairs of males and they are all fine together *touch wood*. With them being the only pair you have then they may well be fine, it makes it more likely they will fight if they can smell female pigs, but obviously this isn't a factor for you. Sometimes it can help if you put in two food bowls, the veg in two piles etc so they can get away from each other if they need too. The more space they have the better too. As far as I'm aware neutering wouldn't make any difference to how they will get on as in pigs it doesn't alter the temperament at all, it just prevents them getting females pregnant.

Sorry about all of the misunderstandings and upset on here, hope you will stick around, there's a lot of good piggy advice to be had here too!

Gemma x

I agree with the advice given by Gemma neutering will not change the behaviour of a boar, so it should never be done for this reason. Definitely having two of everything helps. If you use igloos or houses, get two as guinea pig like their own space and can get territorial.

When the younger pig reaches adolescence he might start to challenge the older one. I went through this when I paired my sow with a baby, and it was hell for a couple of months but things settled down eventually:)

There is some excellent information about bonding pigs on Cavy Spirit http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

Hope this helps:)

thanks ladies they are getting on brill at the min the lay together aswell instead of going in the houses i bought lol i have also swapped my outdoor hutch for a plastic type hutch that can be brought indoors in winter and out doors in summer is as big as a normal hutch bigger than the guinea pig tank/cage i had th ebaby is aparently 13 weeks old and is black all down one side and face but with white stipe down head snd nose then other side is brown, ginger and white hes a beauty makes my fully ginger one look odd lol

Back