• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've done it! I bought hay...

When I order from the hay experts, the box it comes in is always their favourite thing :lol::roll:

BOX! I Have some rubbish cardboard ones, but she always chews through them and they don't fit in her cage :(
I'm asking mum for the tunnel! IT'S ADORABLE. And I can picture bun all snuggled in it. :)

My Spenser is very fond of an eggbox. I fill it with hay and a few treats, and he has a great time troughing in it and throwing it about. Can be a bit messy though!

If you give cardboard boxes of any size you need to watch that bun doesn't eat the cardboard.

Here is a photo of Spenser about to investigate his hay-filled eggbox.

P6250561.jpg

Last edited:
So pleased your trying your best with snowy! I agree about Saving up for bigger accommodation rather than toys! I have got that tunnel in green and Dee :love: it!! Lula did as well whn she was here!

So pleased your trying your best with snowy! I agree about Saving up for bigger accommodation rather than toys! I have got that tunnel in green and Dee :love: it!! Lula did as well whn she was here!

Aww bless your buns!
I really want her inside! So I can mother her easier. If that makes sense?

List of items in ORDER:

-Hay
-Bigger accomadation (Indoor cage)
-Outdoor Run
-Toys

:love::love::love:

Aww bless your buns!
I really want her inside! So I can mother her easier. If that makes sense?

List of items in ORDER:

-Hay
-Bigger accomadation (Indoor cage)
-Outdoor Run
-Toys

:love::love::love:

I think someone has already posted a link to the housing threads, these are great to give you an idea of what sort of size you need to be looking at, and afforable ways to do it.
Often you can make something yourself much more suitable as opposed to the purpose made cages you buy from pet stores, which are often too small.

I think someone has already posted a link to the housing threads, these are great to give you an idea of what sort of size you need to be looking at, and afforable ways to do it.
Often you can make something yourself much more suitable as opposed to the purpose made cages you buy from pet stores, which are often too small.

She wouldn't be locked in, only at bedtime :p

Oh she would love that! She is a lucky rabbit having you to care for her :love:

Thanks! That means alot! I'm trying to be a good mummy! :)
I'm so excited to say that a lovely member has bought Snowy some more Hay! So she won't run out anytime soon! (Thanks and God bless) and I also have someone potentially giving Snowy some toys :D

Lucky Bun!! :)

Thanks! That means alot! I'm trying to be a good mummy! :)
I'm so excited to say that a lovely member has bought Snowy some more Hay! So she won't run out anytime soon! (Thanks and God bless) and I also have someone potentially giving Snowy some toys :D

Lucky Bun!! :)

Wow, people on this forum are truly amazing. How wonderful. Remember to post pictures of her enjoying her hay! :wave:

glad she liked the hay, thats the most important part to a rabbits diet hay and faraging, natural diet, lots of fibre :thumb:

glad she liked the hay, thats the most important part to a rabbits diet hay and faraging, natural diet, lots of fibre :thumb:

She has plenty of hay, its up to the roof in her bedroom compartment. And she has a 'haynet' of grass. Going to go and give her half an hour outside before I cover her up! :)

Well done - that's brilliant that your bun is enjoying the hay and isn't too much of a fusspot! :)

Update: Snowy munched through most of her hay, so she liked it :thumb:
I'm going to bring her out today but my question is, would she be ok on the wet grass? Just going to feed her breakfast now, so i'll be back shortly!:wave:

Mum's at work, so I could bring her in the house... although mum said not too. But i'll vacuum up afterwards. :)

Bless! Glad she liked the hay. Maybe she's realised you've taken over to look after her and senses your interest and she's saying thanks.

I would look at that housing thread, you might find something cheaper then cages to buy. Although mine is in a double tier cage with a puppy pen around it, it does take up a lot of room! She also might chew, so make sure if you do let her free roam, there's nothing to chew but her toys. Saying that there are a few rabbits who don't.

Good luck with getting everything! I do feel indoor rabbits bond with you much more then outside bunnies. Just make sure you groom her often as the do moult like crazy and their fur gets everywhere!

Bless! Glad she liked the hay. Maybe she's realised you've taken over to look after her and senses your interest and she's saying thanks.

I would look at that housing thread, you might find something cheaper then cages to buy. Although mine is in a double tier cage with a puppy pen around it, it does take up a lot of room! She also might chew, so make sure if you do let her free roam, there's nothing to chew but her toys. Saying that there are a few rabbits who don't.

Good luck with getting everything! I do feel indoor rabbits bond with you much more then outside bunnies. Just make sure you groom her often as the do moult like crazy and their fur gets everywhere!

I know that!! Bloody bunny fur everywere. Will need to Vac again now :( When bun's outside mind ;) X

Back