• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive decided to reduce my numbers down to 4 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr... She's rehoming, not killing the bunny!

BUT, we only see a snapshot of peoples' lives on here, and frankly, I don't feel that it's my place to judge someone's decisions, or accuse them of lacking in morals.

Good luck moi.

:thumb: And, it also has to be acknowledged in Moi's case she did not go out looking for the rabbits, they were offered to her, which makes it far different to somebody irresponsibly unable to resist a cute-faced baby in a pet shop. She's saved Timmy's life, kept him safe and happy and has made a decision to find him a new home to continue that path.

Last edited:
No you don't have to do as I say or what anybody else says. I am just voicing my opinion. I can't quite fathom some peoples attitudes towards animals but maybe it's just because I have morals.

Jack you really do come across awfully sometimes and it's such a shame because you're actually a really nice guy. If it was a choice between Timmy having to live alone forever, or going to a good home with a wifey bun, I know what I'd choose. I truly hope you are never put in a position where you'd have to face rehoming your animals. As young people we are very lucky that we currently still live with our parents; what happens when we move out by ourselves? What if everything went wrong financially? If I remember rightly, Livio was adopted with the help of your brother, so that Lily could have a friend after Flopsy's passing. What would have happened if you lived alone, and did not have access to that financial support? This is NOT a dig at you, you know I like and respect you, I'm just trying to help you see that things are not always as easy as you make out.

Hope you find him a good home moi, sorry you've had to make this decision. I can't imagine how hard it must be to part with a pet x

Jack you really do come across awfully sometimes and it's such a shame because you're actually a really nice guy. If it was a choice between Timmy having to live alone forever, or going to a good home with a wifey bun, I know what I'd choose. I truly hope you are never put in a position where you'd have to face rehoming your animals. As young people we are very lucky that we currently still live with our parents; what happens when we move out by ourselves? What if everything went wrong financially? If I remember rightly, Livio was adopted with the help of your brother, so that Lily could have a friend after Flopsy's passing. What would have happened if you lived alone, and did not have access to that financial support? This is NOT a dig at you, you know I like and respect you, I'm just trying to help you see that things are not always as easy as you make out.

Hope you find him a good home moi, sorry you've had to make this decision. I can't imagine how hard it must be to part with a pet x

My thoughts exactly :thumb:

A few years ago I would have said the same as you Jack, but now I'm a bit older (and I hope a bit wiser!!!) I can see that things aren't always so black and white.

Jack you really do come across awfully sometimes and it's such a shame because you're actually a really nice guy.

its a recent development. it might pass.

How can that be seen as patronising? Happybun is saying that Jackaroonie coming across as awful (his friend's observation) is hopefully transient, that surely is supportive, not patronising.

I didn't really even mean he was coming across "awfully", just that I know he's not really like that and there's no need to be so holier than thou/judge people. A few years ago, like Catherine said, I probably would have felt the same as him.

I didn't really even mean he was coming across "awfully", just that I know he's not really like that and there's no need to be so holier than thou/judge people. A few years ago, like Catherine said, I probably would have felt the same as him.

To clarify, I thought your post was supportive of him not criticising (in case that's how it did come across).

It is surprising how much life experience can change your perception of things. I've seen a few young people post things on here over the years, not just about pets but life plans and how they aren't going to be derailed, how strong and focused they are etc then life throws them a few curved balls and they learn the reality isn't always as straightforward as it may have seemed. Ethics and morals are important but sadly don't pay the bills.

I have a lot of rabbits and if I can't keep up to a good level of income through illness, lack of ability work etc I would have to rehome them - I'd have no choice. I knew that when I took them on but the thing that drove me to take them on anyway is the balance of probabilities says I will be able to provide for them, having them makes me work hard. If the worst comes to the worst and I do have to rehome them then they are no worse off than when I took them on - they were all rescues anyway so just would have had a safe place in the meantime. At one time I thought things were black and white but I know the worst can happen, the trick is not to stop living in them meantime in case it does.

I feel sorry for moi - there have been plenty of threads where people have admitted that they're rehoming for whatever reason and responses have been generally supportive and understanding. It seems that this thread has become an opportunity to criticise anybody who's ever rehomed an animal and it's a bit unfair to have that sort of discussion here - it would have been better in its own thread and so perhaps we should leave it there.

As far as I'm concerned it's for individuals to judge for themselves what acceptable reasons for rehoming are - all situations are different, everybody's lives are different and nobody should sit in judgement.

Those that are criticising, I appreciate that you feel certain you would never need to rehome but life has a way of throwing things at you out of the blue. Nobody can be 100% certain that what they've said here won't come back and bite them on the bum later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back