• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've decided on new housing for my buns!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I'm moving into my new house at the end of August and I wanted to expand my buns home.

Can't move them indoors as I'll have tenants. So I was just going to extend their run. But I've now decided that I can save up and buy some panels to build them an aviary! Either 6x9, 9x9 or 6x12 feet depending on how much space there is and how much I can save up :D they'll have their 2storey 4 foot hutch in, and also their 1 storey four foot hutch (joined together in their current setup with run attached) but in the aviary I can put a level so they can use the top of the single storey hutch :D

So excited now that I've definitely decided!

Who else has built an aviary? Any tips/suggestions? Were any parts particularly tricky?

Ordered panels!!!

I just ordered my aviary panels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The aviary is going to be 6 foot by 12 foot :)

Fingers crossed for my order being accepted!

I was planning for the roof to use corrugated plastic (like this but in the correct size: http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/160844871030?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla ) and hammer nails or screw screws through it into the wood. Is that a normal way to do an aviary/rabbit home roof? Any other easy (cheapish) DIY roofing suggestions that are rain proof? I won't be able to afford big wooden felt covered panels for the roof I don't think, unless anyone knows where to get them for a reasonable price?

Back