• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've built another.

Simon

Warren Scout
This one is sold but I thought I'd put a couple of pictures up after all the attention the last one received
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

It needs a good dusting:lol:

Last edited:
That looks excellent! Looks like you've taken on board everything that was said, plus the same great craftsmanship and quality materials as the last one. You could be on to a winner if you started this up as a business rather than just a hobby ;)

Yup - I agree with Lib_n_Bunny! :D

The woods looks sturdy and strong - much thicker than usual hutches in pet shops! Looks fabulous - keep it up!

Well done! :thumb:

thanks, it would be nice to be able to do this for a living. I had to make the run out of 45mmx35mm instead of 45x45mm this time because it's easier to mesh on the inside but other than that its still a very strong hutch and run.
IMG_0549.jpg

That looks lovely! If you don't mind me asking, how much would you sell a hutch like this for?

Lovely looking hutch and run there, definately looks like it will last.

Just and aside, and Im anot sure ervery one would agree, but I prefer my hutches to have a bigger overhand on the front of the hutches. I also prefer a longer ramp.

Love the way the run opens, very prectical. I always struggled with that when I had a smaller hutch.

Jill from honeybunnys is doing the sales now. I agree with the overhang and the ramp but i had a dilemma with them both. Because the hutch is so heavy i had to put a strengthening beam in the run under where the hutch sits so for the ramp to fit flush and be able to close i could only make it 3' and if i had made the overhang any bigger i wouldn't have been able to make the big door on top of the run as the overhang would have stopped it from fully opening. there is still 1.1/2" at the front tho.

Wow! I would definately commission one of these--but as I am in the U.S. it's pretty out of the question.
Would you be willing to send plans?
For a fee?

Wow! I would definately commission one of these--but as I am in the U.S. it's pretty out of the question.
Would you be willing to send plans?
For a fee?

I wouldn't charge for the plans although I wouldn't be able to do a detailed plan. I'm not a qualified carpenter I just enjoy DIY so all I do is a rough sketch and work from there. thanks for your comment.

Its a lovely hutch.

Such a shame about the ramp though. Especially if it was for piggies as mine would never use a ramp that steep.

I know. I'll have to think of somthing for the ramp. The next hutch I build will be for G-pigs but I'm going to put the hutch at ground level.

I'll raise it about 100mm off the floor. the only thing about ground level hutchs with runs is it's hard to see yor pets when there in the hutch. I can't think of a way to make it look nice either.

I know. I'll have to think of somthing for the ramp. The next hutch I build will be for G-pigs but I'm going to put the hutch at ground level.

Looks great ! Sorry if I am being dumb, but wouldn't making the ramp longer make it less steep?

How much for a 10 x 4 run??

Well, look at that ramp, it's great - like those car parks where you keep going up to the left on a ramp !

the next g-pig hutch and under run i make will have a set of stairs just like that. I'm going to put thehole in the hutch back-center then do 3-100mm drrops with the ramps going round the inside of the run. thank you for the idea.

Back