• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been doing up the bunny kennel & run U/D post 22 - 3 days later

Fantastic :love: I want those foam tiles too.

The carpet in the summer house is looking dirty and they have only been out there about 10 weeks. I vacuum it a few times a week but still ingrained fur, hay and poos. Plus they have had a chewing feast. :shock:

Hahahaha...love the "after " pictures!!!,! Still looks lovely though...

I've ordered these mats for my shed when it arrives.... will the bunnies chew them?...

Fee xx

Oh wow ! This is amazing , such lucky bunnies :love:
I love the variety of colours :) I'm going to paint my shed willow in the spring hopefully :)

The inner door (between kennel and run) is open 24/7.

They only come out in the garden when I'm there to supervise so I just open the mesh door that you can see at the far end in this photo. :D:D Alfie and Bubbles used to go back in when I shook the bag of pellets, but I need to teach Lola that trick so I'm having to herd her back in at the moment. :lol::lol::lol: OH also made a low-level inner door so that I can open the outer one to feed them, change water etc without either of them escaping.

DSCF7412.jpg

Okay, thanks for the reply! Your OH did a great job with that little door! Also, just a suggestion, but maybe you would benefit from getting a cat flap to pop in the door to keep out the drafts now that winter is here? Would keep the kennel a lot warmer I think :D I must keep my laptop away from the buns though, they would be so jealous and tip up all their clean litter trays in a tantrum! :lol: (my bunnies are such drama queens :lol: )

Also, just a suggestion, but maybe you would benefit from getting a cat flap to pop in the door to keep out the drafts now that winter is here? Would keep the kennel a lot warmer I think :D

That was the intention when we first got the set up but I'm in and out an awful lot and so it's easier to have the door open. Because of the way it faces, the majority of the kennel doesn't get any draughts unless it's blowing a gale so it's naturally warmer than the run already. I provide them with cardboard boxes stuffed full of hay to snuggle into, which are probably warmer too, as the smaller the space the easier it is for them to keep warm in........ and they completely ignore them and sit out in the run all night. :roll::lol::lol:

That was the intention when we first got the set up but I'm in and out an awful lot and so it's easier to have the door open. Because of the way it faces, the majority of the kennel doesn't get any draughts unless it's blowing a gale so it's naturally warmer than the run already. I provide them with cardboard boxes stuffed full of hay to snuggle into, which are probably warmer too, as the smaller the space the easier it is for them to keep warm in........ and they completely ignore them and sit out in the run all night. :roll::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Rabbit can be so strange can't they? Mine do that exact thing...I spend ages cutting up boxes, spending loads on new houses for them and they just choose the coldest place in their whole enclosure :lol::lol: But your kennel does sound cosy for them and they have a brilliant amount of space! If i had this for mine I would probably end up moving in there with them! :lol: As long as there was a kettle :thumb:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd probably be tempted to move out there with them in the summer months - there's no chance of me even considering it in this weather though. :shock::lol::lol:

That looks brilliant for them! Lovely pair :) I had the same foam matting, but it just didn't work for mine. I couldn't keep it clean and they made confetti in the corners I couldn't see :lol:

I had the same foam matting, but it just didn't work for mine. I couldn't keep it clean and they made confetti in the corners I couldn't see :lol:

Hahaha, oh no! :lol::lol::lol: I haven't checked the corners yet. :shock:

WOW :shock: Turn your back on RU for a few days and there's marriages and house renovations!!! Firstly CONGRATULATIONS to Alfie and his new lady bun Lola :love: I hope he's treating her well!!! and their newly decorated home looks lovely! I'm ashamed to say they are much tidier than my 2 indoor messy rascals!!!

That looks like a bunny haven. I love the colorful foam floors. Julie could use some of those.

They might be good for Julie. They're slightly padded and they're easy for bunnies to get a good grip on when they're walking so no slipping. Bubbles used to hate laminate floors when she came inside but she was fine on these type of mats.

WOW :shock: Turn your back on RU for a few days and there's marriages and house renovations!!! Firstly CONGRATULATIONS to Alfie and his new lady bun Lola :love: I hope he's treating her well!!! and their newly decorated home looks lovely! I'm ashamed to say they are much tidier than my 2 indoor messy rascals!!!

Thank you. :love: They're getting on really well & Alfie even grooms her lots, which he never really did with Bubbles, but he's a bit of a meanie at food time (nothing new there though! :roll:) and chases Lola to bite her bum. I've tried giving him food but, even if he's eating already, he chases her if she runs off. :?

They might be good for Julie. They're slightly padded and they're easy for bunnies to get a good grip on when they're walking so no slipping. Bubbles used to hate laminate floors when she came inside but she was fine on these type of mats.

Thank you. :love: They're getting on really well & Alfie even grooms her lots, which he never really did with Bubbles, but he's a bit of a meanie at food time (nothing new there though! :roll:) and chases Lola to bite her bum. I've tried giving him food but, even if he's eating already, he chases her if she runs off. :?

Karen, that's what Nutmeg and Smudge do. I've started putting Nutmeg's pellets out of sight of the other two because otherwise she runs off all the time and Smudge chases her in response to her movement.

Karen, that's what Nutmeg and Smudge do. I've started putting Nutmeg's pellets out of sight of the other two because otherwise she runs off all the time and Smudge chases her in response to her movement.

They're a pain in the bum aren't they! :roll: Lola's still wary of me so she only runs if I'm too close. So next time I'm going to try putting the food in quickly & I won't change the litter trays until they've finished eating to see if that makes a difference - usually I'd swap the trays around while they're eating but Lola obviously isn't comfortable with me doing that yet.

They're a pain in the bum aren't they! :roll: Lola's still wary of me so she only runs if I'm too close. So next time I'm going to try putting the food in quickly & I won't change the litter trays until they've finished eating to see if that makes a difference - usually I'd swap the trays around while they're eating but Lola obviously isn't comfortable with me doing that yet.

I worry that Nutmeg doesn't get enough, though she isn't exactly skinny!! If she didn't run off it wouldn't be a problem, he doesn't do it to Mini cos she stands her ground.

Bunnies :roll::p:lol:

Back