• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this a good hutch

Wow! Its Huge :p
So Cheap As Well :shock::D

it is huge, but doesn't take up too much room as the house is above the run.

One of my absolute favourite things about it is the fact the run is completely covered. Last night we had a terrific storm and torrential rain and the run was bone dry!

it is huge, but doesn't take up too much room as the house is above the run.

One of my absolute favourite things about it is the fact the run is completely covered. Last night we had a terrific storm and torrential rain and the run was bone dry!

Oooh Clever :p
I Want It I Just Need Some Money :lol: Story Of My Life

Two normal-sized breed rabbits will live happily together in a 6x2x2 single storey hutch. A 4x2x2 double decker provides the same space.

I've got a 4x2 double and the problem with it is it's barely big enough for one rabbit as the floor space is all taken up with ladder/hole - I think a 6x2 would be much more useable for them :)

I've got a 4x2 double and the problem with it is it's barely big enough for one rabbit as the floor space is all taken up with ladder/hole - I think a 6x2 would be much more useable for them :)

Depends on how clever the ramp is. Some hutches take away much more floor space than is needed for the ramp.

A double 4x2x2 is 16 square foot. A 6x2x2 single storey hutch is 12 square foot, so you just need to work out how much space the ramp takes away, but it isn't likely to be more than 4 square foot.

PIC_0005.jpg
this was only 170 pounds from the shed store online the run didnt come with it tho my o/h made that for me :)

I Dont Have Room In The Garden For A Shed Thats Why Im Looking For Hutches So It Can Go It The Garage Or By the Back Door.

- NOBODY CAN GET IN BY THE BACK DOOR IF ANYBODY IS WONDERING BECAUSE THE HOUSE HAS A 10FT WALL ROUND THE GARDEN :oops::lol: -

i have a hutch in my lounge its form pets at home and it was on offer a certain discount for first time buyers online......

i decided on the thistle hall afetr searching high and low for indoor cages then hutches with enough room for two buns....i donthave a run attached all the time...i have the door open for them to roam their end of the lounge and hall....they do fine.
if you were to get one for outside id double up the lower floor reinforce it and the back panel along the join..and extra bolts. other than that i think its a pretty good hutch..and the size isnt bad..but i did love the single storey lavender lodge..seing as myhouse frenchies have a kids tent for their sleep spot/quiet place and willow bless her has eaten the bits of fabric the tent poles sit in..looks like itll be save up for the lavender lodge as a bedroom etc for them...hey a double purpose buy....a room they can eat:lol::lol:

i adore your bun btw..a mini lop? when we went and got oscar we were originally going for one the double of louis but oscar caught our hearts...hes been dead for almost 2 years now..always rembered with love.

my two buns are a lop/lionhead cross and a little lionhead......they are living in the thistle hall..so pricey thats the thing.....somewhere i saw a big tiple decker hutch..ill go trawl thru my old bookmarks!

Back