• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is my bunny sick?!! What do I do!?! :( .. UPDATE!!!!!! :D

I think they're closed now though.. Gave him some hay and he's eating it up.. As well as his pellets.. So, I'm slightly comforted by the fact that he's eating at least..

Where is he now? Does he normally poop where he is? Just wondering if he's holding it until he gets back to his safe poop area.

Where is he now? Does he normally poop where he is? Just wondering if he's holding it until he gets back to his safe poop area.

I agree with this as my bunny poops lots at a time but not often. If he is eating though and does not poop as he usually does I would really worry about him.

His "safe place" is my room.. And I had him there for quite some time and not one poop.. Should I go get some simethicone??

His "safe place" is my room.. And I had him there for quite some time and not one poop.. Should I go get some simethicone??

I guess some people on here give that to bunnies for gas but I never have. Do you think that he has gas pain? Hopefully someone more knowable will come along. aai think it is getting pretty late in the UK now. Most people are there.

Put him in my room and he pooped some.. It was also after I'd given him some apple, which I've read is good for constipation.. Soo... I'm at a lost now.. But thanks so much to everyone for their help so far.

So.. Things I've noticed about Moo.. He does poop.. But in my room.. I don't know if he thinks that's his litter box.. Gave him Simethicone last night and got a lot of poop.. In my room.. In the cage .. His cage was cleaned about three hours ago and it's still cleaned.. I'm unsure of what to do now.. :s .. Do I give him some more Simethicone today?? Do I stick with apples?? I also bought some fresh pumpkin, but I don't know how to use it.. Raw, cooked??

Just as an update.. He is def pooping normally now.. Thank god!! I try to get him out every day for a run in the yard.. I also always pick fresh grass and wash it for him so that there is always grass in his cage..I also reduced the number of pellets he gets greatly.. AND I got some of the Gerber baby food in Squash, but he doesn't eat much.. So, that was a waste.. And I treated him with Simethicone as well.. So far, everything is back to normal.. And I am SO happy and excited that he is back to my normal bunny!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped and gave me such great advice!!

He's also growing so much!!

Back