• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal for rabbits to snore?

Rupert snores sometimes, he sounds like a pigeon cooing. He's the only rabbit I've had that does it but I don't think it's super rare.

Rupert snores sometimes, he sounds like a pigeon cooing. He's the only rabbit I've had that does it but I don't think it's super rare.

Oh I'm care for a rabbit for the first time. There is someone else like me :)

Sophie snores, too. I took her to the vet when she started doing it, just to be safe, and the vet examined her and couldn't find anything bad, and said that there's this thingie in the back of their throat that gets looser when they get older and that causes the snoring noise... But that it wasn't harmful in any way. That won't be why Cookie is snoring, though, since he's still really young. Did he maybe start snoring when he had his respiratory infection?

Zeus has snored since I got him and have had him checked out a few times and always gotten an a ok from the vet. Usually sounds like a grunty huffy type noise, difficult to explain but it's his snore :)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Sophie snores, too. I took her to the vet when she started doing it, just to be safe, and the vet examined her and couldn't find anything bad, and said that there's this thingie in the back of their throat that gets looser when they get older and that causes the snoring noise... But that it wasn't harmful in any way. That won't be why Cookie is snoring, though, since he's still really young. Did he maybe start snoring when he had his respiratory infection?

This started after a respiratory infection, never existed before. But he only snores while sleeping, his voice sounds normal when awake.

Zeus has snored since I got him and have had him checked out a few times and always gotten an a ok from the vet. Usually sounds like a grunty huffy type noise, difficult to explain but it's his snore :)

I understand, cookie is only 1 year old and started snoring while sleeping after suffering from a respiratory infection. his illness was cured, but his snoring continues. Do you think this is normal? :roll: The vet said Cookie's lungs were fine.

I understand, cookie is only 1 year old and started snoring while sleeping after suffering from a respiratory infection. his illness was cured, but his snoring continues. Do you think this is normal? :roll: The vet said Cookie's lungs were fine.

Aww poor Cookie. I wouldn't know sorry, Zeus never had a respiratory infection and he's only 1.5yeara now and always snores when he's having a good sleep and even squeaks when he's grooming himself. The other 2 never make a sound

Aww poor Cookie. I wouldn't know sorry, Zeus never had a respiratory infection and he's only 1.5yeara now and always snores when he's having a good sleep and even squeaks when he's grooming himself. The other 2 never make a sound

Thanks, it's good for me to know that. :) Your rabbit is young too, but the vet says that Cookie is fine, also the vet says that Cookie has a respiratory infection as a minor. but it still makes me wonder if this is good or bad, but still it's comforting to hear that it's normal in a young rabbit. :)

Thanks, it's good for me to know that. :) Your rabbit is young too, but the vet says that Cookie is fine, also the vet says that Cookie has a respiratory infection as a minor. but it still makes me wonder if this is good or bad, but still it's comforting to hear that it's normal in a young rabbit. :)
To be honest I don't know if it's good or not, I just gave up [emoji15] because I've had Zeus checked so many times and everything else with him is perfect and he only makes the noise when he's proper sleeping, I just figured he's like me [emoji16] snore a little when we sleep [emoji16]
Speaking of he's just over there snoring now, think I'd get worried if I didn't hear the snoring [emoji16]

To be honest I don't know if it's good or not, I just gave up [emoji15] because I've had Zeus checked so many times and everything else with him is perfect and he only makes the noise when he's proper sleeping, I just figured he's like me [emoji16] snore a little when we sleep [emoji16]
Speaking of he's just over there snoring now, think I'd get worried if I didn't hear the snoring [emoji16]

Haha :D I'm glad Zeus is okay now. :) Thank you very much for your answer :)

Back