• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a kitchen suitable?

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
After loosing my little rescue bun after just 10 days last year I feel like it's time to look into having some buns in my life.

Is a kitchen generally considered an acceptable place to have the main bun area by rescues? Rwaf says "this us usually a kitchen or conservatory" or something along those lines which suggests it is.

My kitten is good sized, I measured up and the "running area" half if my kitchen is 60sqf so the whole kitchen is probably about 100sqft - 120sqft.

I'm not a big cook and I do work long hours so cooking us usually the slow cooker or something in the oven. When using the hob the Bunnys could either be kept down the dining end or in the livingroom.

When home they would have access to the livingroom with the view to the having open access if they don't try to destroy my sofa (the are welcome to destroy the rest of the furniture and carpet 🤣)

Id also plan to turn my patio area into a bunny adventure playground for supervised play in the summer.

The kitchen gets some amazing sunlight down the cooking end so they would be able to indoor sunbath!

The floor is tiled but I have a huge rug in there ( probably weird to have a rug in the kitchen but the floor is cold 😂) and I'd give them a rug down the dining area end too.

How's it sound?

Thanks amy

Back