• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing... Clover (Wild baby) Videos added pg4

People are encouraging you to keep him/her and I can see why. He's lovely! My main concern is that having been so close to a human, he/she may not be suited for wild life anymore.

Last edited:
I have a half wildie. I found his mother in a park not knowing she was pregnant.
she had 3 babies under my bed. All three have never been human friendly. From birth their instinct was to run as far away from humans as possible.
And certainly no hand licking ever!
If it is already so human friendly, it would never have a chance in the wild. If a cat got it, it would be an even easier prey for a fox.
It seems to be happy with you, pls keep it.
my 3 would even run from my hand when tjey were babies with closed eyes.
All 3 survived. The one i kept is half white half agouti and super confident but no touching and no cuddles allowed.

My little rabbit is def a keeper. S/he is more cuddley than my domestic buns (They're both rescues) and it feels strange that she's only been here since yesterday afternoon :shock: I have no idea why she's so tame as I've only started fussing over her this afternoon after deciding to keep her. S/he seems to hate to be apart from us and is so much more relaxed with someone with her.

When I put her home she climbs back out onto me and she even takes food from my hand when I'm holding her. She's fearless!

The soft toy idea is good parsnipbun. I've sacrificed one of my old favorite cuddley bears (actually he's a dog) to keep little bunny company cos he's the squishiest and softest thing I have. I really hope Clover loves him as much as I did! lol

As i was typing this I noticed Clover has really small poos that look black and a bit dehydrated. All she seems to eat by herself is dried herbs and more dried herbs. Any tips for getting fluids into her without worrying about staisis or her inhaling water? I have a bit of lactol mixed with baby food and supreme recovery powder which she loves but don't want to give her too much as she's not used to it...

My little rabbit is def a keeper. S/he is more cuddley than my domestic buns (They're both rescues) and it feels strange that she's only been here since yesterday afternoon :shock: I have no idea why she's so tame as I've only started fussing over her this afternoon after deciding to keep her. S/he seems to hate to be apart from us and is so much more relaxed with someone with her.

When I put her home she climbs back out onto me and she even takes food from my hand when I'm holding her. She's fearless!

The soft toy idea is good parsnipbun. I've sacrificed one of my old favorite cuddley bears (actually he's a dog) to keep little bunny company cos he's the squishiest and softest thing I have. I really hope Clover loves him as much as I did! lol

As i was typing this I noticed Clover has really small poos that look black and a bit dehydrated. All she seems to eat by herself is dried herbs and more dried herbs. Any tips for getting fluids into her without worrying about staisis or her inhaling water? I have a bit of lactol mixed with baby food and supreme recovery powder which she loves but don't want to give her too much as she's not used to it...

Try starting her on small pieces of fresh weeds - tall meadow grasses, dandelions, milk thistle etc - they have moisture in. Also attach a water bottle to the crate/cage and let it drip a few times into a saucer so s/he gets the idea that that is where water comes from (drinking from the bottle is like suckling so they get the hang of this - Pippin has still not got the hang of saucers!!).

Try starting her on small pieces of fresh weeds - tall meadow grasses, dandelions, milk thistle etc - they have moisture in. Also attach a water bottle to the crate/cage and let it drip a few times into a saucer so s/he gets the idea that that is where water comes from (drinking from the bottle is like suckling so they get the hang of this - Pippin has still not got the hang of saucers!!).

Thats' interesting to know because domestic rabbits are quite the opposite; once they had a bowl, my two completely ignored the bottle.

Interesting that you say how cuddly she is; my half-wildie loves a cuddle, much more so than my two domestics (actually, thinking about it, it could have something to do with the fact that he lived up my t shirt for about 3 wks as a tiny baby).:)

Thats' interesting to know because domestic rabbits are quite the opposite; once they had a bowl, my two completely ignored the bottle.

I think they are all different - my 6 domestic babies (accident) are still preferring bottle to bowl even now they are 8 weeks old!! But then, given a moments chance, they will still try and suckle mum as well:shock:

She's started eating fresh food now as well as her dried herbs. She wont touch fresh weeds or grass but has been tucking in to a bit of broccoli and spinach :) She has even attempted to drink from the water bowl but mostly just sits in it :roll: Her poops are still misshapen and shriveled but are getting bigger so hopefully they'll soon be big and round!

I make sure she gets enough water by making my hand wet and she'll lick it dry :love:

I have some videos of her binkying around the bedroom so I'll have to post them soon!

Ok videos... I hope these work cos they're my first ones!

Here she is running about in her room- She does a couple of binkys at the end

Here she is having some cuddles

And a photo-I'd just woken her up and she doesn't look pleased :roll:
DSCF2813.jpg

I have a couple of better binky ones and one where she's licking my hand to death but they're stuck on my phone and I can't find the cable!

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

KoShiatar said:
Aaaaaaw! So small and cuddly! I don't think you'll be able to let him/her go.
I am def hanging on to him (or her) :) tbh who could resist this level of cuteness!?

bunsterfied said:
I love the way her eyes go all cross eyed and ga-ga when you are stroking her!!! She was loving that for sure
She's a sucker for cuddles :love: She'll stop whatever she's doing to get some attention and love. Its so sweet!! I'm smitten with her :)

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

I am def hanging on to him (or her) :) tbh who could resist this level of cuteness!?

She's a sucker for cuddles :love: She'll stop whatever she's doing to get some attention and love. Its so sweet!! I'm smitten with her :)

Bless her, your most definately being seen as surrogate mum now so she wouldn't survive wild, I hope it works out and you never forget this time, she might be a bit more testy as she gets older ;) She is lovely :love:

Back