• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing a new member of our family. U/D Post 30

I don't even buy bedding anymore, Fitch is amazing! Phoebe loves it the most, she makes excellent tunnels and has 3 bedrooms :lol:

This is my first experiment with it so I may well be converted after the 3 bags of megazorb I have are finished!

Very cute. :love: The housing is amazing and so huge.

Is that megazorb in there ? You must have to use alot. I know what its like in litter trays. ;)

Very cute. :love: The housing is amazing and so huge.

Is that megazorb in there ? You must have to use alot. I know what its like in litter trays. ;)

Certainly is. Took half a bag to start this off!:lol:

Thank you for the info, I still think that home is amazing and will be keeping and eye to see how it develops

It's so exciting having a blank canvas to work with, glad you like it.:wave:

:wave: I have the detolf for my hammy too, wouldn't have a hamster in anything else now! I made a little potty using the base of a milk carton, once I (and he!) figured out where the weeing spot was :lol: so I just need to change that every few days, I use the potty litter stuff. The rest of the cage just gets cleaned whenever, it doesn't smell, I just sift poops out of the sand every so often :lol: I haven't yet changed the main substrate even though there is poops in there, I've taken a few handfuls out at a time and put fresh in but not yet a full clean out. My roof at the moment is just 2 slatted shelves from an ikea shelving unit (I think they were about £5 each just for the shelves) but I do intend to make a proper mesh lid at some point! If anything just to make it a bit lighter as he's pretty well camouflaged in there I struggle to see him :lol: I'll try and find the link to my thread if u want to see. I'm planning on making a few changes, adding some more bits and things so I'll no doubt be making a new thread soon :D Its great that u r teaching your son/children that animals need space! :thumb:

I decided to get one of these for my hamster. Looked online. Yep available to deliver. Cost ... 75.00. 35.00 delivery charge. Gutted.

Back