• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurence which covers dentals?

Ive had one at £80, one at £120 and one at £30 (for cherry as she was already under) depends on the vet, time under, size of bunny etc

The best thing is to call them and ask, the calls are recorded, so make a note of the date and time and who you spoke to so if there is a dispute after the call can be replayed.

I was told that they wouldn't cover "cosmetic" work but would cover anything a vet deemed necessary provided they had had a check up within a year and of course didn't have any problems prior to insurance.

I was also told that if in doubt always submit a claim as it is not always cut and dried and everything will be considered.

It's about £80 if they have anaesthetic isn't it? :?

It varies depending on vets & area, but the excess on a claim varies from £55 to as much as £75 :shock: so if you had to have a dental that was £80 and it was covered under insurance, you would still only get £5 - £25 of the cost from PetPlan.

It varies depending on vets & area, but the excess on a claim varies from £55 to as much as £75 :shock: so if you had to have a dental that was £80 and it was covered under insurance, you would still only get £5 - £25 of the cost from PetPlan.

Didn't realise that, told you I didn't understand the whole insurance thing :lol:

Yes you have to pay the first £50 of each claim. But if your rabbit has a recurring illness you only have to pay the £50 once each year, so you can put in continuation claims without paying it.

It's definately worth it though, if your rabbit needs an emergency consult or has to be admitted the cost will be in the hundreds and then the £50 excess won't seem so much :)

Back