• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor rabbit sitters in Glasgow?

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to ask, but I am looking for rabbit sitters in Glasgow, and wonder if anyone can recommend someone?

I hope people don't read this as flippant bunny ownership, but I need to find someone to call on in an emergency. I would naturally look to friends and family, although it would be great to just know we had someone lined up! It would either be to drop Billy off with, or like my auntie's cat sitter, who comes to her house twice a day. I'm near-ish Glasgow Green, and would need someone this side of the city.

I don't know of any in the city centre, the closest I am aware of is a boarding place in Bishopbriggs but I don't think they have proper indoor accommodation (from memory they have an insulated summer house or something like that). Alibunmum on here also offers boarding but I'm not sure where in Glasgow she's based. Might be worth contacting her.

You could also try contacting fairly beloved rabbit care who are just outside of Glasgow and see if they have any other recommendations.

I've found that trying to find boarding for indoor buns is very difficult, we used to use Buddies bunnies (40miles away!!), since they closed we use a pet sitter unfortunately he only does in and around Falkirk. Its a franchise (animals at home) but they don't appear to have one in Glasgow :/

You could also try contacting the RWAF, it was them who recommended animals at home to us.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

In fairness, Billy was an outdoor bun before he was given up, and I don't think he'd hate to spend time outdoors again, but I wouldn't do such a cruel thing in winter! I'm not sure, but I think he looked quite grateful not to be outside in Monday's weather.

They are few and far between .

Ali on here does do boarding (superb too) but it's outdoor. Bishopbriggs do too, can't remember name..

Good luck. X

Thanks both :)

I had another google, and found a place called Fuzzy Butts who board rabbits and other small pets near Stepps, has anyone used them?

Thanks both :)
I had another google, and found a place called Fuzzy Butts who board rabbits and other small pets near Stepps, has anyone used them?

I contacted them previously however the size of accommodation offered for indoor rabbits was too small. That was back in 2012 so they may well offer larger spaces now.

I contacted them previously however the size of accommodation offered for indoor rabbits was too small. That was back in 2012 so they may well offer larger spaces now.

Oh that's useful to know! I will bear them in mind if I can't sort anything else at least, although I work near there, so might ask to pop by and scope out. I'll let you know what the cages look like if I do :)

Furry friends hotel in bishopbriggs do offer indoor boarding, I haven't used them myself but have previously contacted them to ask about it.

Back