• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Free-Range Houseproofing Experts

I think we should take bets on how long until you finally tear yourself away from them and go to bed :lol::lol::lol:

Biccy gets really upset if he can see me but can't get to me. Eg, if a pen panel is between me and him. Even if we're not interacting, he gets upset by it, i can always tell.

I'm sure this stems from his seperation anxiety when he was little. I feel really bad about that, as im sure its me leaving him on his own, when eh was a solo, un-neutered bunny that could have caused this, the digging i mean.

He used to sit and not move (i think, he was always in the same place) and wouldnt poo/wee until i got home :(

I'm sure he still has it to a degree, as i mentioned the other day on the litter tray thread.

The bond between us and our buns is always what amazes me. THey are suc rewarding friends :love:

ETA:

Perhaps ~30mins or so?

Oh indeed :love: I think also when they are always around you notice a lot quicker when something is wrong, even when it's small. They are so rewarding, it makes me so sad to think what people are missing out on having them in tiny hutches outside seeing them once a day for food (obviously I'm not saying everyone with outdoor bunnies is missing out :oops: cos I know many will sit with them outside :oops:)

i used to be one of those people. I'm so glad these two are in here with me, all the time. I so enjoy just 'watching' them. Even if im not interacting as such, i love to just watch them be bunnies.

E.g, this evening, Biscuit's now doing something he's never done before. He's being cheeky which isn't uncommon, but he's doing it playfully.

He jumps from the floor, ~2ft up to the leather sofa next to the tv and as soon as he does it, he sits there and looks right towards me. I know he's looking for attention. I get up to go and shoo him off the sofa (he keeps chewing it) and he binkies off the sofa to the floor, binkies off and waits for me to sit down, next thing he's off to do the same thing again. It's one of the most wonderful things.

Currently both are flopped, totally insecure in the middle of the room. They must feel at peace and comfortable, as they are very vulnerable if there was a predator.

Biccy keeps running behind the curtains too and playing 'peekaboo'. Pops his little head out from under neath at random intervals as he hops about.

Ginger is more easily pleased and keeps running through the tunnels on the floor and up on 'her' stool :)

Aw bless. Mischa likes to get on the top of his ramp and stare at me. I haven't worked out what this means or what he wants yet. :oops: Sometimes he'll get on the bed and stare at me and skip off if I try to fuss him :lol:

I love your improvements, however the eternal pessimist hiding in me has some suggestions :lol:

1. Your sofa - is great until they dig/bite/destroy through the fleece :lol: Our sofa has three boxes under which *just* fit neatly and stops madam here getting in. However as they're so tight it makes them difficult to get out so they have things in we don't need very often. Ours are half of the banana boxes from the supermarket, they're happy to give them to you if you ask.

2. Telly - I don't know about your two, but Oidhche could jump that in one fell swoop and land on the telly table or even worse, misjudge it and hurt herself. Plus if they get stuck in there and can't get out they'll either panic or eat everything in sight. We have cable covering and electrical tape over everything, it can look very neat. Partner did ours so it's not so neat, he doesn't give a hoot :roll::lol:

3. Table - I don't know what you did with this. I think I've missed something, it's been a 12-hour shift at work so we'll blame that. :lol:

Also, depending on your buns' attitudes, don't get attached to your curtains and sofa. We have a cheap throw over our sofa which takes the nibbles so the sofa is okay underneath. White vinegar can put them off some surfaces - we have it on cable covers, skirting boards and cupboard doors and it has really put Oidhche off. Again, much of what I've said depends on attitude, we have a real destruct-o-bun here so we learned the hard way. If you need pics of out setup just yell and I'll get you some. I can find the link to cable coverings too if you need it, I did save it somewhere.

I have a cheap fleece on my bed too. Usually this is enough but when I fed pellets in bed (yes :oops: I know :oops:) they dug the fleece away and just chewed the duvet. But usually the fleece is enough.

Back