• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor buns & Xmas tree lights

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
First year with the buns and a chirstmas tree they can reach.... what do you do with the plug in lights?
Last year we had a small 2ft tree in a pot on the table with battery operated lights so was of no concern.... this year we have plug in ones which the buns could potentially chew, what do you people do to prevent chewing the cable at the plug socket? (On the tree they've started fairly high up, reachable but I don't think they'd bother with a real tree to eat).

Pick to show what we're dealing with:

64831dc8f84dbd3b681f9e16c129d5d4.jpg

The main bulk of cable I've used a hook to hold it up off the floor....

92dcd3e97af6e7fa515fbd6931e4b1c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We get a big Christmas gift bag and half way in the middle cut a square out of it. Then thread the cable through so they are 'in the bag' and pop something in to cover the hole. The bag sits next to the tree and looks festive and the cables are hidden. This year Blossom ate through the bag so now that bag is in another bag... it may have a Russian doll effect by Christmas!! :lol:

We still have some little nibble marks on the cable on one set of our lights from our precious bridge bunny Rolo. It did make us smile when we were putting them up, I think he was watching us with a mischievious grin on his face!

We still have some little nibble marks on the cable on one set of our lights from our precious bridge bunny Rolo. It did make us smile when we were putting them up, I think he was watching us with a mischievious grin on his face!

Aww bless him.

Berry really loved 'helping' us decorate the tree - its always a bit sad when thy are no longer here to carry on their traditions. Thank goodness for memories and nibble marks! :love:

My tree has a puppy pen surrounding it, no way could I trust my naughty buns not to have a nibble! Doesn't look the greatest but it protects the tree and the rabbits.

Hi,

We use battery operated lights! But suppose it all depends on how long you tend to have them on? We have ours on for a couple of hours a night, plus has 3 different settings so is great for us and perfect with the bunnies!

Plus they are really cheap from poundstretcher etc xx

Thanks for the ideas.
We just brought the lights today and it's not easy to get back to return them. We did look at the battery ones, but we've no where to put the battery pack off the floor easily.

We've gone for a puppy pen panel to block the wall socket.... seems to work so far...

c1e723c49526df6b11b2ea63d3841be9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

my plug is a bit higher so i have stuffed the wires and extension lead into the tree and not put lights on the very bottom section. Ive tied the boxes you use to change the lights pattern to one of the branches in the tree too. God help me when i try to take it down.

Taking note of the tips in this thread! Putting my tree up tomorrow and I know Autumns going to get up to the most possible mischief she can. Usually I'm super excited to put my tree up - but this has been putting me off this year :lol:

Back