• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indiana has some fur missing & abit of blood... :-(

chelle

Warren Veteran
Oh Im so sad for Indiana - the last 2 monrings I have found fur in the cage where they sleep at night at the moment...and its obvioulsy Arrrabella who has biten or scratched her....Its on Indiana's sides on her bottom...and lower back...one patch is a good 50pence size piece with the fur pulled clean...the other is similar size if not abit bigger & has some dried blood on it....and is tender for her...

I hoped after the first night it would not happen again...but there was fur this morning...not as much but still fur...I dont want it to happen every night...:cry:

I have left the wound but am worried that is there was something slight more serious - i dont have any medicated stuff to put on it. I would probably bathe it with some warm water...but what should I have for any possible wound?

And WHY is this happening...they were both spayed 30 September....

I feel bad as obvioulsy Indiana is not getting away in time....:?:cry:

You could try bathing with cooled boiled water but if it starts to look red you will need to get a vet check on it because they can easily get infected.

Has anything changed in their world? Or even in your world that might impact on them?

I would also suggest getting a full health check on both of them.

When were they bonded?

You could try bathing with cooled boiled water but if it starts to look red you will need to get a vet check on it because they can easily get infected.

Has anything changed in their world? Or even in your world that might impact on them?

I would also suggest getting a full health check on both of them.

When were they bonded?

Thanks Sky-O!:)

I will keep an eye on the wound for any redness....and check it scabs ok.

I cant think of anything that has changed......Indiana had slightly runny bum...as they got into my bag of freshly picked apple branches so they have just had a decrease in dried herbs & apple leaves. But Im struggling to think of anything in particular really....

They have had a change in being outside in their run for 2 odd days during the day, as they are inside at the moment....

They have been bonded since birth & never seperated except for the night at the vet when they were spayed & had to stay over for the night...but that was a little while ago now.

I just dont know why they would have the grumps....maybe for 1 night but 2?:?:(

Personally I'd suggest taking her to the vets. Nutmeg got quite badly injured but the only outward signs was a scrap of fur out of place and her not putting the leg down. It turned out she had quite a bad wound which was very very hard to see properly.

Is it possible something frightened them?

Or maybe take them both for a thorough vet check because sometimes stuff like this can happen due to one feeling rough (that would also mean you could get the wounds checked out).

Thanks guys!:)

Im trying to rack my brains if anything frightened them or changed.....cant thnk of anything different though....will keep thinking....:?

Indiana is being submissive to Arrabella though...

Just given Indiana a thorough check...bless her she is so good....and found one more little bald patch....but otherwise no more....
Will check again in the morning & about the vet too...just praying they dont fight tonight...:)

Back