• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In total what do you spend on all your pets..

Probably about £40-50 a month for 3 bunnies:

Veggies £20 from local greengrocer (nice and cheap)
Dried herbs and grass £10
Hay £12
Megazorb £1
Cleaning products £1 (mainly vinegar)

They do sometimes get free treats like willow branches, rowan and dandelions, and I also get free newspapers.

It's not the regular costs but the other things that cost the most e.g.

Hutch and Run £300 ish but we used a lot of wood we already had.
Pet Carrier £30
Clothes destroyed while painting hutch £40
Litter trays and cleaning equipment £20
Carpet cleaning £40
Toys £50 although I mostly just make stuff these days
Clever water bottle which ends up leaking £5
Water bowl £3
Plants for the garden which they inevitably eat £40

Just on basic stuff a month, not sure if you mean for just bunnies :oops: You put all your pets in the title so I have included my cat and rats :lol:

4 sacks of megazorb £32
1 bale of hay £9
Two bags of SS £6
Buns veg £30
Food for rats mix about £15 I think
Bag of cat food £13
Rat hammocks £40
Toys for buns and rats £20
Savings put into my vet bill account £300

Because none of my buns have been seriously ill or anything the most expensive things with them has been hutches and getting them here that was over £800 in total, over £1,000 including Buu's old happyhutch. I could have gotten lovely sheds for that really. And £280 for the hutch covers which will hopefully arrive next week because I keep losing my plastic sheets :shock:

I have found my rats far more expensive than the buns but thats on vet bills because they have been so ill and the rate at which they go through hammocks, I actually got all my vet bills together for the rats for this year so far and its almost £1,000 now although there are a fair few middle of the night vet visits in there

And most of my toys for the buns are free :) My cat has been playing with the same toys for ages, she doesnt destroy them so they last :lol:

Yeah i included all my pets.
The buns are £33 a month, thats hay, bedding, litter, food.

So not including, veg, toys, vets etc etc.....

xx

I GET FREE NEWSPAPERS TOO..i binned aload my mum got too many!!

It depends becuase some foods for the pets we don't buy every month. But usually $50-$100 a month. Unless we get a new pet.

We have 11 cats, 5 dogs, 14 ducks, 21 other birds, 2 rabbits, 2 hamsters, 1 turtle, + lots of fish and turtles in our pond but they're not technically pets.

They're spoiled! The cats and dogs have about 5 large lanudry baskets FULL of toys :lol:

It's not the regular costs but the other things that cost the most

Uh, tell me about it :roll:

I've got to spend about £400 on indoor hutches for the garage because last winter the buns were in puppy pens in the garage when it got broken into...and I arrived home at night to find the garage door wide open with my buns inside in open topped runs :shock: I'm thankful that a fox didn't get them on that occasion, but I don't want to take that risk again.

Uh, tell me about it :roll:

I've got to spend about £400 on indoor hutches for the garage because last winter the buns were in puppy pens in the garage when it got broken into...and I arrived home at night to find the garage door wide open with my buns inside in open topped runs :shock: I'm thankful that a fox didn't get them on that occasion, but I don't want to take that risk again.

Some people!! :censored: Least the buns stayed put!

Back