• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In total what do you spend on all your pets..

I will have to work it out:shock:

We worked out how much our playhouse, run and hutch and shelf was:

£880 Just for a playhouse and run etc.
:shock:

Jack x

I've worked really hard to reduce costs for food, etc, so that I can increase numbers without paying out more per month.

My veg bill is only around £40 per month (for around 15 rabbits usually) because I only buy cheap veg: spring greens/cabbage, round lettuce, celery, and economy carrots.

Pellets: I now buy a bag of A&P to mix in with their SS because it's cheaper (£17 for SS and £9 for A&P).

Hay: Bales of meadow hay only, no fancy stuff (2 x £4).

Litter: Megazorb bought from horse feed suppliers...and a layer of newspaper in the bottom of litter trays so that I don't have to use too much megazorb (plus this makes it easier to clean out because the megazorb doesn't stick to the bottom of the litter tray). (4 x £6)

Which equals about £100 per month.

Amy, You spend less on 15 rabbits than I do on one!? Thats awful, Im going working out where to cut costs - I could be rich if I used my brain!! :shock::shock::lol:

Amy, You spend less on 15 rabbits than I do on one!? Thats awful, Im going working out where to cut costs - I could be rich if I used my brain!! :shock::shock::lol:

I do have vets bills on top of that though! although I think my vets take pity on me because I'm in there all the time :lol:

Im really proud of my figure!

The rest of you should be, well some of you lol.

Becki cut your spending!!! lol

I forgot to mention that I don't pay for winter bedding...it's shredded paper from work.

I also get my work colleagues, friends and family to save newspapers for me. I get through about 20 newspapers per week :lol:

In the summer time my veg costs are reduced because I pick weeds from the garden (a few members will have seen my carefully cultivated dandelion patch ;) )

I do probably spend a lot on washing towels and blankets though, but try to use as little powder as possible and no fabric softener (better for the bunnies and better on my pocket :) )

I've worked really hard to reduce costs for food, etc, so that I can increase numbers without paying out more per month.

My veg bill is only around £40 per month (for around 15 rabbits usually) because I only buy cheap veg: spring greens/cabbage, round lettuce, celery, and economy carrots.

Pellets: I now buy a bag of A&P to mix in with their SS because it's cheaper (£17 for SS and £9 for A&P).

Hay: Bales of meadow hay only, no fancy stuff (2 x £4).

Litter: Megazorb bought from horse feed suppliers...and a layer of newspaper in the bottom of litter trays so that I don't have to use too much megazorb (plus this makes it easier to clean out because the megazorb doesn't stick to the bottom of the litter tray). (4 x £6)

Which equals about £100 per month.

WOW your good :shock::shock::shock::shock:

i often think if i get cheaper hay id save a fortune but im afraid i have a hay experts addiction i cant stop :oops::oops:

The vets bills cost me a fortune but I do get most of the money back from the insurance, which is nice :thumb: People save newspapers for me so they are free, I have no idea where my money is going to be honest. After reading this Im definately going to curb my spending!! :D

lol i work in a call centre so papers are galore in here i come home with a bag every day i go through loads with the guineas:lol:

i dare't work out how much i spend on my rabbits,but it is costing £100 a month for medication to keep my 12yr old sheepdog alive, she has severe heart trouble.

We have 2 buns and 3 pigs (all indoors at present so I'm saving on hay :D)

Hay £10 month (pigs hay rack and buns litter tray/hay box)
Food £5 month
Veggies £12-20 (Their faves carrot, celery and spring greens were all 50p in Asda this week :D) I go with whats on offer :D

i just ordered some treats to keep my animals amused whilst at work from hay eperts as recomended on here.... i got 2 parsley bell things that hang from the cage if you want them to and 2 wooden blocks filled with carrot treats one for the guineas and one for honey the bunny lol.

Has anyone bought the parsley bells before? ive never seen them before ?

i just ordered some treats to keep my animals amused whilst at work from hay eperts as recomended on here.... i got 2 parsley bell things that hang from the cage if you want them to and 2 wooden blocks filled with carrot treats one for the guineas and one for honey the bunny lol.

Has anyone bought the parsley bells before? ive never seen them before ?

i got one once but alvins poops went a bit too small for comfort.. he was pigging out on the bell and not eating hay :roll::roll:

i get the knaw stones instead now, they are smaller and they love them

We daren't add up what we spend on our pets :shock: 6 buns, 3 piggies and a hammie here - plus normally a couple of foster bunnies - tho only have one at the moment xx

ooo thats good ill try them too i was only gonna put the bell in for a few hours let them play about with it like u said dont want them missing there hay! the guineas are a bit different they are mad for anything but get bored dead easy lol so they will probably look at it for about an hour then 4get about it!

I dare not add up how much I spend each month............:?
This one is gonna be particularly pricey as I have 34 Myxi vacs to pay for :shock:

Don't you love the way people go "Oh, it's only a rabbit, they're dead cheap to keep!" :lol:

Yep - I always get told they really don't cost much!!

Don't think my hubby thought that when I talked him into to buying bunnies a new aviairy & playhouse in the summer - which come to about £1200!!!! And they're not even in it now, as I've brought them all inside because of the cold weather & they'll probably not go back outside until about April next year!!! :shock:

I dare not think about how much we spend on our little brood - think we keep our vets going with the amount of times we're in there! I have tried to cut back on the amount & variety of veg I buy them, but I can't help myself because I just like to really, really spoil - seeing as they've all had really bad starts in life.

Back