• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In for a dental :(...Bigger poop but not normal...UPDATE with a pic 8-l

Her poo has changed again. Its odd shaped and stringy :? Its since i stopped the metacam that its changing! Im taking her to vet tomorrow so am giving more metacam for tonight incase she is in any pain!

Im worried the same thing will happen to Fudge that happened to Blackie :(:(

Fudge sure has had a rough week! He seems to be in good care, and it's good that he's passing poos. Sending all kinds of good vibes and let us know how you get on at the vet's!

Update

I gave her some Metacam at 6 with a pineapple bromelin tablet and just now she produced these :shock::shock::shock:

Photo-0137.jpg

Photo-0139.jpg

(sorry not great quality)
She is near the end of her moult and has just had a brush and done the damp hand thing but is there anymore i can do to reduce the amount of hair she ingests?
I have removed her teddy she grooms and given her, her food in a treat ball to keep her moving. Ive also given her a bowl of water with probiotic to see if she will drink more (although she drinks 1.1litres in 6 days)

Those poos are shocking :shock::shock::shock:

Ok thanks! Is it something i can keep in the house and use during her moulting times as she ingests alot of hair during a moult?

Thanks again :D:wave:

Just Back from the vets and he said it isnt too bad just to give a course of metacam for 2-3 days and then she should be fine as she is almost finished her moult.

Ive ordered fiberplex from VetUk hope it gets here soon. Can i give that with Metacam as i forgot to ask the vet?

just hijacking this thread, but what is fibreplex and where do you buy pineapple bromelin tablet please? My bunny has done a few poos which are strung together with fur!!

Just Back from the vets and he said it isnt too bad just to give a course of metacam for 2-3 days and then she should be fine as she is almost finished her moult.

Ive ordered fiberplex from VetUk hope it gets here soon. Can i give that with Metacam as i forgot to ask the vet?

Yes, it's just a concentrated fiber paste with added probiotic which can help support the gut flora & improve motility.

Back