• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm stunned but feel comforted

I previously wrote a thread about losing my baby girl Cherry on Wednesday morning. I've been struggling with the grief, it's hit me hard. But tonight the most peculiar thing happened to me. I was sitting on my sofa eating and thinking of her looking at the place where her cage used to be, and all of a sudden I felt something slightly hard and sharp in my mouth. I pull it out and its a single piece of hay.... I have no idea how it got there but I felt my eyes brim with tears. Could this be Cherry sending me a sign, comforting me? If so I feel as though it's a bitter sweet moment.
Sleep tight my princess xxx

I believe there is a lot more to the existence of loved ones, be they human or animal, than the physical body their soul inhabits during their time on Earth. I believe the physical body is just a temporary vessel for the soul of the loved one and once the temporary vessel fails the soul is set free to exist in ways we cannot explain or fully understand. I do not find it strange that an event can occur, such as the one you describe, that has a direct link to a departed loved one.

What each of us believe with regards to what happens after death is a completely personal matter. If our beliefs and feelings give us comfort then then that can only be a good thing :) :love:

I’ve often thought I’ve been sent things, I’ve had dreams too with signs in them and I too have found them a comfort. Sending hugs to you xx

Yes I've felt that I've been sent things too, and found it very comforting. I'm glad you took comfort from your experience, sending you a big hug xx

We never lose our loved ones since they live in us long after they are gone.
I do not doubt it was a sign from Cherry.

Thank you to everyone who have sent me words of comfort. It really does help. Funny thing happened today too. I turned the TV on and everything had been set to French! Again have no idea how that happened but Cherry was a French lop.... just the little things that really matter I suppose. I'm glad I found this forum and met some lovely people x

Thank you to everyone who have sent me words of comfort. It really does help. Funny thing happened today too. I turned the TV on and everything had been set to French! Again have no idea how that happened but Cherry was a French lop.... just the little things that really matter I suppose. I'm glad I found this forum and met some lovely people x

Yes it's definitely the little things that matter :) hope you carry on enjoying the forum xx

Back