• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm not sure if Rainbow is ok. - Back from vets post 25

I am not sure hun to be honest. I dont know how often my pair go! You could always give them a ring and see what they say.

i would ring them soon - he should have wee'd at least once by now.

Can you feel his bladder? does his tummy feel very full or firm? is he resistant to you checking (obv be very careful and gentle!) He might need it to be expressed or catheterised if his penis is still too sore.

Hope he's alright

Well we've been back from the vets about an hour now, and i've just been charged £67 to be told that the reason Rainbow hasnt wee'd is because his bladder is empty :roll: The vet felt his tummy and his bladder and stomach are empty. So i've been worrying for nothing :roll:

The vet gave him a injection, it was Baytril with some sort of Steroid too. Apparantly the steroid is going to make him really thirsty so that should get his bladder moving, and it should also bring the swelling down quicker too :D

Back