• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If You KNOW That You Cannot Take on Any More Rabbits............

I do look, I only have one bun, so I look out for a bunny that she could maybe be paired with.
I'm not a bunny expert, so it makes me feel guilty to want another bun! :(

No, I have my two bunnies here and for now that is enough, when I am in the position of having more I maydo, however I also know that if for any reason I say to a couple of people that I have space for some more there will be some that have been waiting in rescue for a while sitting on my front door step with their bags packed.

I accept that it can be at times hard to say so, therefore I prefer not to put myself into a difficult situation

Oh I look and torture myself. :roll:

Also as I work in a college and have done for years many people know where I am and about my love for animals so I get students and ex students ringing and emailing me even bringing animals to me at work! Three of our last three buns have come sort of via this route.

Thumper came via Gumtree and through the help of some lovely RUers who so kindly did a rabbit run to get him to me from York to South Wales after I saw his advert and his sad little face - I had to do something and so glad that I did.

I also know that I have to be careful, we have 5 cats, one dog, one hammy and ten house buns. I know I have to ensure that I can provide for the ones we have, financially in terms of vaccinations, vet care, good food and accommodation and of course time and love. Fortunately there are five humans here and we all love our furry family so we all ensure they are all looked after and given time and attention although sometimes it is a bit of a battle when buns and cats all want some loving and the dog (who isn't allowed to mix with the buns) stares longingly through the glass door :shock:

:lol: yes, i look sometimes. then i have to say firmly to myself 'no more bunnies! no homechecks, no insurance, no stress, no bunnies! get a hamster'.

but jane, you have a hamster...:lol:

i do occasionally look - but mostly because I do get approached by people wanting a rabbit or may hear of someone wanting a specific rabbit (eg a male small bun, or an elderly female etc etc) so I keep an eye out so to speak.

No I don't because I think if I caved (which is highly probable!) and got more then the space of my others would be compromised which I won't do. I remember seeing that rinelander on here and wanting her so bad. I even enquired about her. But my husband talked me out of it :oops:

I do look, I only have one bun, so I look out for a bunny that she could maybe be paired with.
I'm not a bunny expert, so it makes me feel guilty to want another bun! :(

Same situation here, Stephen is a single bun so I do look at all the single ladies he could be paired with.
He's not going to be paired for a while though so it's just torturous looking!!

Yes. It's more habit than anything. I also look on Preloved and Gumtree frequently. I'm not even sure of the reason I do it anymore. I think it's possibly that if there was somebun locally that desperately needed help then I would try to assist. Technically I'm at my limit but if I thought it was a case of life or death I would help if I could, though I really don't want to take on permanent extra bunnies.

Sometimes. We "only" have two but it's enough for us, I don't think we could afford any more as we seem to be having a run of bad luck lately. I feel sad when I see the long termers :(

Jane i hold my hand aloft and hang my head in shame......GUILTY! I dont do it as much as i used to but then its because i see some posts on FB showing them lol.

i go to bunnies in need then come back and look at my lot and tell them....things may not be perfect here....and things are still in the works.....bonding and rebonding etc and ongoing health probs dentals etc. But i tell them they are well loved and well fed..watered..taken to the vets even as broke as i am...and my loungearranged around them and bedrooms too......and there are bunnies who do not have this....and even my mums bun has lost her great big lounge and our mummy but shes coping much better than id ever hoped for.....

I dont know why i look....i think its force of habit....:oops:

Back