• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If I wasn't so phobic of driving outside my 'safe zone'....

I hope everything works out for you.

I can understand your worry about the new vaccine. I got my four buns vaccinated and the relief was immense. Then I took on two more buns, who are now having to wait for more stock to come in. I'm glad that the others have had theirs, but every day the other two wait is stressing me out x

This was exactly me last week. Ivy had to wait for her vaccination as she has respiratory problems so we didn't want to overload her. She had her vaccine last Monday so I've only had that sense of relief for a whole week that they've all been done and we're off again!

Well, I contacted R-for's owner last Wednesday (after a week of silence) asking her if everything was okay, had she changed her mind etc. I got a brief reply saying she was busy working and hadn't got chance to organise a time for me to collect. ... nothing since then. So it's two weeks since I negotiated rehoming him and just that one brief response. Given I'm available any time to collect I can't get my head round it :? I don't think he will be coming to live with me now.

It's not really fair for her to keep you waiting around like this. If she has changed her mind and doesn't want to say, then she really should. At least you wouldn't have to keep wondering. I hope things do work out x

Well, I contacted R-for's owner last Wednesday (after a week of silence) asking her if everything was okay, had she changed her mind etc. I got a brief reply saying she was busy working and hadn't got chance to organise a time for me to collect. ... nothing since then. So it's two weeks since I negotiated rehoming him and just that one brief response. Given I'm available any time to collect I can't get my head round it :? I don't think he will be coming to live with me now.

How frustrating. I think I'd email her again and say that you need to know by the weekend if she wants to rehome him or not and that if you do not hear from her by then you will assume that she's changed her mind. If she does reply I'd be firm about arranging a definite day to collect him. Surely no-one can be so busy that they cant set aside an hour to hand over a Rabbit.

It's not really fair for her to keep you waiting around like this. If she has changed her mind and doesn't want to say, then she really should. At least you wouldn't have to keep wondering. I hope things do work out x

Thank you.

How frustrating. I think I'd email her again and say that you need to know by the weekend if she wants to rehome him or not and that if you do not hear from her by then you will assume that she's changed her mind. If she does reply I'd be firm about arranging a definite day to collect him. Surely no-one can be so busy that they cant set aside an hour to hand over a Rabbit.

Thank you. I shall leave it until after Sunday as I don't want to have extra to do this weekend. I can't go stamping my feet then saying I'm not available... given that I have a social event that will take up all of Sunday.

Thank you.

Thank you. I shall leave it until after Sunday as I don't want to have extra to do this weekend. I can't go stamping my feet then saying I'm not available... given that I have a social event that will take up all of Sunday.

Brain fail on my part, I forgot about that, Doh !

Brain fail on my part, I forgot about that, Doh !

I've obvious not mentioned it enough then ;)

It will be the first time in about a decade that I've travelled beyond 30 miles and not come back with a rabbit (though I can't guarantee that, just that it isn't part of the plan!)

I've obvious not mentioned it enough then ;)

It will be the first time in about a decade that I've travelled beyond 30 miles and not come back with a rabbit (though I can't guarantee that, just that it isn't part of the plan!)

Ha. Am i going to have to keep an eye on you?

So, I the last couple of days I noticed that the advert for R-for had gone so I messaged his owner to ask if she had changed her mind about rehoming him as it had been 40+ days since she had agreed to rehome him to me and I'd not heard from her.... surprise, surprise, she hasn't even had the courtesy to reply to me.

So, I the last couple of days I noticed that the advert for R-for had gone so I messaged his owner to ask if she had changed her mind about rehoming him as it had been 40+ days since she had agreed to rehome him to me and I'd not heard from her.... surprise, surprise, she hasn't even had the courtesy to reply to me.

I was thinking of you recently and wondering if there was going to be a splendid update.

Sorry (but not surprised, sadly) to hear this :(

That's really rude of her! I'm sorry to hear about that xx

That's a shame. Maybe there is 'stuff' going on in her life at the moment that has caused the lack of response. Not trying to make excuses for her, just suggesting a possible explanation x

Thanks MM and ZB

That's a shame. Maybe there is 'stuff' going on in her life at the moment that has caused the lack of response. Not trying to make excuses for her, just suggesting a possible explanation x

As the days went by I wasn't expecting to hear from her again, I was tempted to ask someone else to respond to the advert to see what response they got. When in communication with her she was wary of him being bonded to other rabbit/rabbits as she said he had never lived with another rabbit, although she also said, "That home sounds perfect" but deep down, I think she wanted to rehome him as a single house rabbit. I didn't say before but the cage she was offering was awful, 3ft/1m with clear plastic sides .. it had one of those dried corn on the cobs attached. She said she had been on an animal management course so he had had 'the right care' so far in his life. :? My feeling is she has rehomed him as a single house rabbit to someone who bought him as a package with the cages - I negotiated for just the rabbit.

This makes me feel really sad :( That rabbit was so close to having a wonderful new life with you and some new bunny friends but instead he's ending up goodness knows where because, as it seems to me, it was more convenient for her to rehome him and get rid of the cage at the same time. Probably too much to hope that the new owner has taken the cage straight to the dump and has a better set up for him.

I'm sorry things haven't worked out, it did seem as time was going on, that she had changed her mind but wasn't saying so. Very unfair to keep you waiting. I hope that whoever has him will give him a good life x

Back