• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If I wasn't so phobic of driving outside my 'safe zone'....

Do you have solar and eclipse now too? And are you taking in R-for too?

We went to a farm to look at goats for new goat friend for Pumpkin the other day. We'd been thinking of possible names, and thought of 'Poppy' I parked up in the gravel car park, and my daughter got out and said, excitedly, "mum look at this" and there were Poppies growing in the gravel :love:

Oh, that's so sweet re the Poppies. Good luck with 'Poppy'.

Yes, I have Solar and Eclipse. It has been far from plain sailing though sadly. They had such a bad time in their previous home that I've had to take it extremely slowly with them. Eclipse chases Solar away from me as (I think) she senses danger. It looks like she's attacking him but when I'm not on the scene they are usually snuggled up together and groom each other a lot. I don't know if she's ever actually bitten him but she looks as if she will bite his face and then there's a lot of scuffling. It's too fast to see what's actually happening but I think it's circling/chasing rather than actual fighting. I've found tufts of fur (both colours) in the early days but nothing recently. I've just got to the stage where I can pet them, she climbs on me and licks my arms but if I spend too long fussing him then she warns him off and chases him away. They do the usual bonded bunnies thing of climbing the mesh to beg, pushing each others' little faces out of the way etc. I think they will be fine once they've learnt to trust all over again. I know he wants to come and be fussed by me but I'm not encouraging him very often!

(And, yes, I have sent a message to R-for's owner).:oops:

Last edited:
Oh, that's so sweet re the Poppies. Good luck with 'Poppy'.

Yes, I have Solar and Eclipse. It has been far from plain sailing though sadly. They had such a bad time in their previous home that I've had to take it extremely slowly with them. Eclipse chases Solar away from me as (I think) she senses danger. It looks like she's attacking him but when I'm not on the scene they are usually snuggled up together and groom each other a lot. I don't know if she's ever actually bitten him but she looks as if she will bite his face and then there's a lot of scuffling. It's too fast to see what's actually happening but I think it's circling/chasing rather than actual fighting. I've found tufts of fur (both colours) in the early days but nothing recently. I've just got to the stage where I can pet them, she climbs on me and licks my arms but if I spend too long fussing him then she warns him off and chases him away. They do the usual bonded bunnies thing of climbing the mesh to beg, pushing each others' little faces out of the way etc. I think they will be fine once they've learnt to trust all over again. I know he wants to come and be fussed by me but I'm not encouraging him very often!

(And, yes, I have send a message to R-for's owner).:oops:

Thankyou :) We have to wait a little while for Poppy but I'm sure it will be worth it.

It almost sounds like referred aggression but when you are around :? I'm sure they will settle :love: I hope that R-for comes to you :thumb:

For reasons best known to Photobucket they have turned this picture on its side and refused all attempts at moving it back! Anyhow, you get the gist :love::love:

R-for is already neutered and vaccinated :D:D He's due his boosters 'soon' but it means I can get him RHD2 vaccinated ASAP as everything else is done.

Still arranging 'when' etc, but she is happy with the home I described for him.

Well, I haven't heard from R-for's owner in a week (mid-afternoon last Tuesday). She was unable to arrange a time for me to collect then as she was working all week. We had spent a lot of time negotiating how I wanted the rabbit but not the cage/hutch etc. *sigh*. I will contact her when the week is up ie this evening, but I have the feeling she's either changed her mind or holding out to sell all the stuff together. She seems genuinely attached to the rabbit/feeling guilty that she's one of the people rehoming an animal etc. I'm finding hard to comprehend that in a whole week she didn't have 1/2 hour to spare to hand him over (I'm available at ANY time). I've spent a lot of time preparing for his arrival (quarantine accommodation etc).... This is either fated to happen or not but I hate the not knowing.... :(

Well, I haven't heard from R-for's owner in a week (mid-afternoon last Tuesday). She was unable to arrange a time for me to collect then as she was working all week. We had spent a lot of time negotiating how I wanted the rabbit but not the cage/hutch etc. *sigh*. I will contact her when the week is up ie this evening, but I have the feeling she's either changed her mind or holding out to sell all the stuff together. She seems genuinely attached to the rabbit/feeling guilty that she's one of the people rehoming an animal etc. I'm finding hard to comprehend that in a whole week she didn't have 1/2 hour to spare to hand him over (I'm available at ANY time). I've spent a lot of time preparing for his arrival (quarantine accommodation etc).... This is either fated to happen or not but I hate the not knowing.... :(

I really hope it comes off. He would have a lovely home with you :love:

I really hope it comes off. He would have a lovely home with you :love:

:love: Thank you. I won't be too upset if she decides to keep him but she says she is out a lot, if the penny drops that she could get him a companion then maybe she's found a way to make it work for her leaving him for so long. I hate this 'unknown' if I think the rabbit needs rescuing, this one doesn't.

So flipping frustrating. Apparently it's just a time/work commitments thing that we haven't done the hand over yet, an agreement has been reached but in the meantime all the Filavac in the area has run out so I can't get him vaccinated... if he actually does come to live with me, that it. :(

So flipping frustrating. Apparently it's just a time/work commitments thing that we haven't done the hand over yet, an agreement has been reached but in the meantime all the Filavac in the area has run out so I can't get him vaccinated... if he actually does come to live with me, that it. :(

Oh, I am sorry that it's proving to be complicated. I do hope you will get him eventually xx

Can you take a deep breath and say to yourself, if it will be, it will be? (sorry if that sounds trite) If you get him, there *will* be Filavac available for him?

Oh, I am sorry that it's proving to be complicated. I do hope you will get him eventually xx

Thank you. She will probably give me about 2 hours notice when she wants me to go for him!! I've actually got 3 bales of hay in the car at the moment that I need to move so I probably should do that while it's not raining! It can't be sensible to put a rabbit I'm about to quarantine in the car with all that hay for everyone else....

Can you take a deep breath and say to yourself, if it will be, it will be? (sorry if that sounds trite) If you get him, there *will* be Filavac available for him?

Weirdly enough the whether he comes to me or not isn't stressing me greatly as I like his current owner and I know he's okay, whatever happens. But I think I must have OCD traits - if there was no vaccine I'd just have to get on with it, as there IS vaccine then I have to get him vaccinated, every day he isn't vaccinated bothers me :oops: He *probably* even needs his combi vac anyway so that's 3 weeks to put into the timescale if I get that done immediately.

I hope everything works out for you.

I can understand your worry about the new vaccine. I got my four buns vaccinated and the relief was immense. Then I took on two more buns, who are now having to wait for more stock to come in. I'm glad that the others have had theirs, but every day the other two wait is stressing me out x

Back