• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I would like to introduce you to...

Sbe is really lovely. . .

5 months is still a bit on the young side for the spay - although I know lots have it then.

I just wondered if there was a way that Caroline might let you adopt her unspayed and then you can have her spayed when she is a teensy bit older? and also when she has a very warm and loving environment around her and a loving bun partner (not that caroline's isn't - but she has so many it is difficult ).

I did adopt an entire male from caroline once on the promise to castrate once he was a bit fatter (he was SO thin), and had settled into a forever home.

It also helps her financially if you pay for the spay . . . depends I guess on how confident you are in your own vet.

It also helps her financially if you pay for the spay . . . depends I guess on how confident you are in your own vet.

Not. At all. When Beau got poorly after his failed bonding, we saw three different vets at the same practise, they all diagnosed and treated for different things. Then when he had pneumonia, the vet was making jokes, saying things like "everyone else is on the beach and bunnies are getting pneumonia". Sure she was trying to lighten the tone, but really. Not appropriate!

I know it's selfish, but I would prefer someone else to have the worry of getting her spayed. I've convinced OH to get Beau a partner on the grounds of minimal stress and disruption, particularly as it's half term in my new teaching job and I reeeeealy need to relax!

Not. At all. When Beau got poorly after his failed bonding, we saw three different vets at the same practise, they all diagnosed and treated for different things. Then when he had pneumonia, the vet was making jokes, saying things like "everyone else is on the beach and bunnies are getting pneumonia". Sure she was trying to lighten the tone, but really. Not appropriate!

I know it's selfish, but I would prefer someone else to have the worry of getting her spayed. I've convinced OH to get Beau a partner on the grounds of minimal stress and disruption, particularly as it's half term in my new teaching job and I reeeeealy need to relax!

Oooooh yes - best let Caroline look after the spay then - doesn't sound a great vet!!!

What a lovely bunny. As Parsnipbun it would be great to get her before her spay but if you are not 100% confident in your vet then don't, it's not worth it, you wouldn't forgive yourself if it went wrong.

I trust my vet completely but still ask what exactly they are doing and research everything I can before I go and when I come back.

That's what I meant sorry, was tryna type and eat dinner at the same time :oops: why do you think it's better for me to get her now and get her spayed myself? cos of her age?

To get her bonded as soon as and help Caroline keep her costs down. I got one of my buns before he was castrated to free up some space but took him back for castration. I don't regret it at all. Also, if you get her spayed as soon as she's old enough then any antisocial behaviour won't become learned behaviour.

To get her bonded as soon as and help Caroline keep her costs down. I got one of my buns before he was castrated to free up some space but took him back for castration. I don't regret it at all. Also, if you get her spayed as soon as she's old enough then any antisocial behaviour won't become learned behaviour.

She's being spayed this week :D

Bubbles was spayed at about 5 1/2 mths. I got her spayed quite soon after bonding though, which I regret because I don't think they'd had time to cement the bond before the op and it ended with Alfie picking on her when she was recovering. :(

I think it's best she's spayed first otherwise hormonal behaviour might set in at around 6 mths and then you would need to get her spayed while her and Beau are still getting familiar with each other.

I think it's best she's spayed first otherwise hormonal behaviour might set in at around 6 mths and then you would need to get her spayed while her and Beau are still getting familiar with each other.

That's what I thought :D I don't want to split them up once they've bonded

Thinking of you today as you go for your spay beautiful girl, hope it all goes well. I can't wait to be your new mummy and Beau is so looking forward to meeting you :D xx

Back