• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Smoo has another abscess. UD post 20, even worse :(

What :censored: luck your having :(

I hope they both improve. Im lucky enough to have Lola who's always been completely healthy as she really gets me through my down days with Buster even though their bond broke down because of his ill health. It would be absolutely awful if you had to loose both of them but the fact that you've even considered this means your a truly fab bunny owner because you really are thinking about their welfare above your own heartbreak xx

Thank you so much for all your replies. I'm taking them to the vets tomorrow and have spoken to F about possibly trying them on different antibiotics. I'm not making any drastic decisions yet as Smoo is still happy, I'm just worried about how long she will be happy for.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I'm taking them to the vets tomorrow and have spoken to F about possibly trying them on different antibiotics. I'm not making any drastic decisions yet as Smoo is still happy, I'm just worried about how long she will be happy for.

awwwwwwwwww ... I just wanna give smooo a big squishy hug ... come on baby :cry:

and poor grim too .. :(

its so unfair :(

So sorry to read this and hope smoo continues to stay happy and the new antibiotics help. Having experienced abscesses myself I know what you are going through and it's not easy at all. Just try to keep positive x

I've just read through this, I'm so sorry, some buns just seem to go through one thing after another and its so unfair :(

I hope something positive comes out of the vet visit tomorrow xxx

awwwwwwwwww ... I just wanna give smooo a big squishy hug ... come on baby :cry:

and poor grim too .. :(

its so unfair :(

That's just what I keep thinking.

I know all buns are lovely but my two really are so special to me. Smoo is just the sweetest rabbit, she's just so gentle with Grim and cleans his eyes and mothers him. She's gentle with me but bossy. If she wants cuddles she rams her head under my hand, but then she'll lick me back to say thank you. No rabbit deserves to be ill and it just makes me sad. I want them to have happy lives. I don't think they think about illness in the same way as us, so as long as I can keep her pain free I know she'll be happy.

I know all buns are lovely but my two really are so special to me. Smoo is just the sweetest rabbit, she's just so gentle with Grim and cleans his eyes and mothers him. She's gentle with me but bossy. If she wants cuddles she rams her head under my hand, but then she'll lick me back to say thank you. No rabbit deserves to be ill and it just makes me sad. I want them to have happy lives. I don't think they think about illness in the same way as us, so as long as I can keep her pain free I know she'll be happy.

they are both sooooo lucky to have you :love:

I agree with you completely on this. :thumb:
I often wish I could really talk to rabbits because I think they've a lot to teach us.

Just a quick update as I'm at work.

It's not great but pretty much what I expected. Smoo is trying some different antibiotics for a couple of weeks to see if that makes any difference. I have decided not to operate right now, but I'm not ruling it out for the future. Grim has lost 500g. :( I just don't think he's able to eat properly when his nose is blocked as he can't breathe and eat. There really isn't much more I can do for him so it's just a waiting game right now. I agreed with the vet that he's on his way, we turn round and he's humping Smoo. :roll: :lol: So there's still life in my old man yet. I think I'll have to make the decision for him before I do for Smoo.

They're both happy for now. So we'll see how things go. Thank you everyone for your support.

sending lots of vibes!!!! Keep your chin up, it's not nice when your bunnies are ill and it is so stressful figuring out what the best thing to do is.

Back