• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think I found the reasons for Cookie's sneezing

KCG

Warren Veteran
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I found the reason. Cookie kept sneezing and trying allergies but I couldn't find a reason. Cookie never sneezed in another house while on vacation, but when he got home, he started sneezing again.

After yesterday I think I may have found the reason. The smell of gas started in the house yesterday, I almost passed out. Cookie started sneezing again. Then the experts came and it was understood that the gas smell in the house came from the sink. We learned that the smell of gas in the mucilage and sewage system in the Marmara Sea is probably due to the rain reaching the houses. Occasionally there would be a smell from the kitchen sink, but we would intervene and it would go away. now it is understood that this smell is the smell of gas coming from the sewer. Cookie probably seems to be affected by this, we don't feel the slightest smell but he feels the smell. I'm glad we moved to the Netherlands after 5 days, but until then we'll have to make do with it. :(

How can I ensure that Cookie is least affected by this?

Keep him out of the kitchen and have as must ventilation in your apartment as possible :)

I'm afraid if my son's lungs have been damaged by this gas :( It means that there was this smell in the house for a long time and he was affected by it. I almost got poisoned, it's a poisonous gas. We realized that the smell was very intense for the first time yesterday. But I was so scared :(

Try to focus on what is fact, not what might be. The gas problem has been sorted out now and in a few days you will all be moving out. Cookie’s lungs might be completely unaffected and what was seen on previous Xrays was due to an infection which has now resolved :)

Try to focus on what is fact, not what might be. The gas problem has been sorted out now and in a few days you will all be moving out. Cookie’s lungs might be completely unaffected and what was seen on previous Xrays was due to an infection which has now resolved :)

Oh true. I don't know why I'm like this, I'm very sensitive about Cookie and I can't think logically when it comes to it. I panic so much :|

You have a lot on your mind at the moment, moving home is stressful at the best of times, you are moving country ! Just keep your flat well ventilated and try not to worry xx

Keeping water in the sink will keep gas from sewer from entering home. Here plumbing has j-traps on drains that always hold water to keep sewer gases from entering homes.
He may have been more likely to get infections if around irritant, yet not the same as permanent damage.

Keeping water in the sink will keep gas from sewer from entering home. Here plumbing has j-traps on drains that always hold water to keep sewer gases from entering homes.
He may have been more likely to get infections if around irritant, yet not the same as permanent damage.

I cook every day, the water is running in the sink. But in the last few weeks I have been cooking a little. What exactly is keeping water in the sink?

Back