• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I REALLY Dont Need This Now :-(

I kind of know how you feel Jane.

The other day I was stroking Rimmi, I didnt even notice Winni approach me (we usually have an understanding that I stroke both or neither if they are near me) but as I ignored her..... she got annoyed, put her ears back, and bit me. It bled and everything.

She hasnt bitten me for months, I was in such shock, I burst into tears, even though it didnt really hurt..... How could I have been so stupid and not noticed her approach? I was so annoyed at myself :cry::cry:

*hugs*

Oh dear !! I can just imagine the 'and you'll stop me doing this HOW exactly' look she must've had on her face !! :lol:

she does seem to like me now, hasnt pee'd when i enter the room in ages, but yup that was the look.. same as Alvin checking i was watching before he went at wallpaper :lol:

i reakon biting would of been her next trick if i hadnt bowed to her superiority :lol:

You really should go to get your finger looked at as the last thing you need is an infection. As for the rabbit biting as you had gloves she may not have realised she was biting you, animals are funny little things aren't they, its a good job she has you as can you imagine what some people would do if a rabbit bit them like this.

Feel really daft posting about it all now :oops:

Don't feel daft. its made you feel better and a laugh a little. You're not alone in this. The little devils always do it when you can least cope with it. Call it bunny sixth sense.

Usually my oh gets bitten so I don't feel a thing :lol:.

you guys are so encouraging for a new rabbit owner, I just can't wait to get bitten and pee'd on :p xx

:lol: :lol: its all part of thier charm... alvin has spat at me when i tried to brush him more forcefully than he liked once, i didnt even think rabbits could spit :shock:

Awwww big hugs Jane. If its any consolationn I would get bitten on a daily basis by A and E if I didnt move fast enough. I also currently have an infected finger from china cat biting me when I was worming her

Last edited:
I remember when Bebe bit me a couple of months before she left me. I was quite shocked but I understood why she did it. It wasn't because she hated me, it was because she was scared. She got me just on the back the base of my thumb and I still have the scar now as a permanent reminder.

I found afterwards our 'relationship' improved a lot. I was patient with her and I would hand feed her tasty things, eventually I could stroke her head :) Just a shame I lost her so soon afterwards :(

Helen xx

i still have the scare mitzi gave me when he bit me and hung on halfway up my leg, he was my first mini lop, whome pet shop said was female hence his name, but it was too late to change his name after over a year, when we found out he was a boy :oops: :lol:

poor you jane:shock: ouchie:censored: hell ..i bet that did hurt:shock:
one of our buns bit my ear when we took her to the vets for her jabs:shock:
i thought shed bitten a piece off:shock: i was crying in the vets with shock:oops: i think she was scared and trying to get away from the vet and i was in the way:roll::lol:
why do people always think buns are such nice friendly creatures:roll::lol:

Ouch! Poor you, I hope you have had it seen to by now. I'm sure she loves you, its just rabbity protection going into overdrive. A lot of the books say that some rabbits (especially girls) can get aggressive of their hutch/area when you go to clean it. ((hugs))

You poor thing:(

Enya surely loves you and is probably just frightened of the broom. Benji bit me the other day because I startled him, it's not personal:)

I hope your finger heals quickly and doesn't need any stitches, but ou should probably get it seen to xx

It could be her previous life that causes her to react like that.:?
Maybe she just sees you as a big bunny and she is trying to boss you.
Hope the bite isnt in one of those awkward places where you keep catching the wound and making it bleed:(

It can be upsetting when one minute their licking you next they bite you. If it may help cheer you up a little I have 12 scratches on my arms and hands from Ash, as hes goign through one of his moods. I wouldnt mind if i didnt work in social care.... slightly worried people may think im self harming lol

Ouch! Hope your finger is feeling better now :)

Poppy bit Mr PL this evening and drew blood as well - she's not done that for over a year - she was VERY cross about being told to go downstairs to bed and hid behind the piano. They really can bite hard when they want to can't they! x

you guys are so encouraging for a new rabbit owner, I just can't wait to get bitten and pee'd on :p xx

Ive never been bitten or peed on :wave: the bed on the other hand has been peed on, lots :lol:

:lol: :lol: its all part of thier charm... alvin has spat at me when i tried to brush him more forcefully than he liked once, i didnt even think rabbits could spit :shock:

they can SPIT :shock:

Awww Jane, it means nothing :love::love::love: She just reacted in an instinctive way. Calel charges with pure hatred sometimes, two min later, it's nose rub time. He's not attacking me - it's his demons:love:

Back