• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice to you would be to seek help from a vet they may be able to give you more information with regards to the litters. I hope the rudeness doesnt put you off from posting here and seeking advice. Your animals are your own as long as you can provide for them and make sure they lead as happy lives you cant go wrong :D

Just an observation: the dwarf rabbit's picture in the OP's messages can be found on the internet.(The only reason why I know is because I was making a powerpoint presentation on 'variation' today and downloaded this rabbit's image from 'Google Images'.)
Is this actually the OP's rabbit? :?

Not everyone can upload photos, I think lots of avatars are pics that do not necessarily belong to the poster.

I would speak to your vet about concerns for your loss of bunnies. There are so many reasons and he would be the best person to advise you. Alternatively, have a look at breeders sites and see what they say.

i have pmd you my response i hope that some of my thoughts could help? i would also try and seek vetinary advice fro ma good rabbit savvy vet in csae there are issues with the mother. i would not breed from her again. i hope that the situation can be resolved.. i dont know your location but it seems countrywide so many rescues are full of rabbits and g.pigs that need homes it would be great if maybe you could neuter your buns(preventing uterine cancer which kills 85% f females) and they could al live in one large group n a woodland set up.. a woodland set up if secure sounds heavenly for bunnys...and if big enough prehaps you could even adopt and help some more unwanted bunnys bunny runs can be done country wide where a good home awaits
if provided and cared for by youreself well too :) if you dont already you might want to consider handing out leaflets with any pets adn privatly selling them instead of to pet shops as they rarrely have large enough accomodation for thie pets and oyu can give better advice and see what loverly homes they are going to making sure each buns needs are met.. alsos if they are vaccinated befoer ethy go to new homnes and neutered they could go in pairs... as rabbtis do love company so much! good luck hope that this and the specific pm advice on possible reasons for kits dying helps! im not a breeder but i dont have any problems with responsible breeders who are bettering the breed (ie removing gentic poor traits such as rex hock issues) i prefer to help rescue rabbits as i feel there are too many in the world who are abandoned or unwanted and people were confused by your post as you made it seem like you were setting the rabbits free in a local woods which would be terribly cruel i now realise that isnt waht you are doing though.

Completely losing two litters points towards a genetic defect so I wouldn't breed her again. This could be because she herself is inbred or the father of the babies maybe related to the mother.

Originally Posted by brook mills
in my area rabbits are much apricieated animals

Can I just ask one question. What area of Lancashire are you? I am a rescue in Lancashire and I am full of rabbits that most areas in Lancashire aren't appreciative of rabbits, otherwise I wouldn't be full. It would be good to know the area you are in then i could target the area for finding appreciative people for all my rescue bunnies as seen as your area is so appreciative:D

Last edited:
Ok, as ever I'll be the one to stick my neck out here. This has got to be a wind up. Releasing guinea pigs into the wild? I mean, maybe I am overly cynical, but are people not being a tad gullible here :?

Ok, as ever I'll be the one to stick my neck out here. This has got to be a wind up. Releasing guinea pigs into the wild? I mean, maybe I am overly cynical, but are people not being a tad gullible here :?

the majority of this thread has been deleted because of the outrage about this.. however the op has since re explained they didnt release them into the wild but have pen'd in a rented woodland area which is where they are kept "releasing into wildlife.". what they meant but poorly communicated was having a set up as close to wild as possible for the bunnys the g.pigs are in avairys.

Thanks Caroline, I couldn't bare to read all that drivel from someone doing something he clearly knows nothing about at all. oh dear lord, doesn't the rabbit and guinea pig world need another one of those breeding :roll:

I think he should make out it's a wind up, he'd look better than telling us this is for real :roll:

i dont know about everyone else but there was another thread about helping newbies http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164321 and this thread was mentioned another member has actually spoken to the indivdual via pm apparently(iv not had a reply from my one yet) and it is a genuine problem the op has. it has been asked that we be constructive rather than critiscise... im not being forum police before i get branded, just that if this isnt a wind up and the rabbit has had 2 dead litters and is willing to take on advice and change to give their animals a better life then its worth giving the advice in a nice way right? -kate x

haven't been on RU in a while as I haven't had my laptop and when I came across this it was like woah is this a joke, but it seems the OP is genuine and it's good to know that they are taking notice of everyone's advice, but I think next time the OP posts something that they make sure that they are clear on what they actually mean because obviously a lot of people were mortified about the statement "releasing them back into the wildlife". Let's just hope this individual takes it on board and realises that maybe the doe is stressed from giving birth and perhaps the birth was premature? I didn't see a reply from the OP about how long she leaves her doe to rest before she got her pregnant though, maybe that could be a reason :?... I'm no bunny expert but maybe this is a possibility???

i dont know about everyone else but there was another thread about helping newbies http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164321 and this thread was mentioned another member has actually spoken to the indivdual via pm apparently(iv not had a reply from my one yet) and it is a genuine problem the op has. it has been asked that we be constructive rather than critiscise... im not being forum police before i get branded, just that if this isnt a wind up and the rabbit has had 2 dead litters and is willing to take on advice and change to give their animals a better life then its worth giving the advice in a nice way right? -kate x

Very well said :D

its a shame certain members put off newbies. The main goal for all of us should be keeping animals safe and healthy and trying to educate everyone.

all we need is love :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back