• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Have Some of Rosie's Fur

not at all I have a braided peice of my first horses mane the the vet gave me the ight i lost him. I also have his horse shoes and his halter with a palte on it thtat say Megan's Bandit I plan on making a shadow box with all of it.

what a lovely vet:love:

we have memory boxes...moulted even comb cleanings fur of buns and kittys. favourite toys...whiskers.

i couldnt afford to have my first bunny cremated as wed lost our cat not long before hand and i had only paid that off.....i feel guilty now as weve had the others done but nikki paid for msot of them as they were her special bunny friends.
weve shared the costs since.

its helpful now and then to feel the fur..sniff n cuddle the toys etc.

i wish i could do something similar with my dad..but i have other ways to feel close to my dad.
beloved pets never die in your heart..so wearing a locket with a wisp of fur..a whisker or even a photo can help a lot.

((((HELEN))))

I don't think the vet has ever asked me if I wanted to take some fur, but I always do - I've got some of Harvey & Ralph's hair in a locket. I've got a locket for Hugo too but with his picture in instead.So sorry you lost beautiful Rosie :(

:wave:

Helen, do you still have Rocky? I've still got Pinky (Mrs Pinkerton, to use her full name! ;):lol:) in my front room - haven't been able to bear to part with Dusty's toy bunny, even after a year.

If you google "Pennydog jewellery", it's a nice young lady who makes resin jewellery and she casts fur into pendants etc on request - a friend of mine had two made with locks of two of her relative's elderly dogs as gifts, to remember them in the future when they pass on.

I have a little plastic zip bag with bits of fur I've collected from every rabbit I've ever owned when they were in moult :) It used to be in a little tin keyring, like a big locket but now its all together.

I can't wait till Harley's next moult, I might make a jumper :lol:

OK -here's where it gets embarrassing. Not only do I have a piece of hair from each of my Bridge Buns, I've also got three 'poops' from Bunge, my first ever bunny. I was so totally devastated when I lost her that I couldn't bring myself to throw them out.

Also, if you move the dog's sofa :)oops:) away from the wall in the conservatory, there is a huge line of white fur where Wispa used to love to run from one end to the other. I've never been brave enough to hoover it off :oops::oops:

OK -here's where it gets embarrassing. Not only do I have a piece of hair from each of my Bridge Buns, I've also got three 'poops' from Bunge, my first ever bunny. I was so totally devastated when I lost her that I couldn't bring myself to throw them out.

Also, if you move the dog's sofa () away from the wall in the conservatory, there is a huge line of white fur where Wispa used to love to run from one end to the other. I've never been brave enough to hoover it off

Awwwwwww ! :cry:

I thought I was the only person who had a bunny called Bunge! :lol: He was the bunny I had as a kid.

I thought I was the only person who had a bunny called Bunge! :lol: He was the bunny I had as a kid.

My first bunny was Bungee - does that count? It was what I called her while I was trying to come up with a name and eventually I realised it was her name :oops::lol:

Thanks for all your replies. Gosh, it seems I am pretty unusual then in having a vet who has asked if we would like some fur to take home.

I think that is lovely, and it has actually made me quite tearful. :) Thank you for posting this because now I know what I shall want to do if I lose one of my buns. Rosie will always be with you. :)

Aw, I'm so glad I posted it then. :D To be honest, I wouldn't have thought of asking for any fur, so I'm glad my vet suggested it.

Thanks for sharing your stories, it's lovely to hear that some of you do have fur or whiskers from your furries, and it's something I'll always make sure I do in future. :)

Helen, do you still have Rocky? I've still got Pinky (Mrs Pinkerton, to use her full name! ;):lol:) in my front room - haven't been able to bear to part with Dusty's toy bunny, even after a year.

I'm afraid we don't have Rocky polar bear any more. :( After Rosie chewed off his nose :)lol:) his stuffing started to come out, so we removed him. I wish we'd kept him. :( I'm glad you still have Mrs P. :)
Ben's mum said:
If you google "Pennydog jewellery", it's a nice young lady who makes resin jewellery and she casts fur into pendants etc on request - a friend of mine had two made with locks of two of her relative's elderly dogs as gifts, to remember them in the future when they pass on.
Thanks for that, that's a lovely idea. :)
Mackers said:

Also, if you move the dog's sofa () away from the wall in the conservatory, there is a huge line of white fur where Wispa used to love to run from one end to the other. I've never been brave enough to hoover it off
That really made me smile, especially the 'poops' bit! :)

thats lovely of your vet to do that :love::love::love:

I still have Hermys fur from where she pulled it out from her phantom. I have always wanted to felt some of it into a bracelet to wear, but I never can. Time will come, when I finally have the courage to do it :)

I have some of mine already, in an envelope each :)
So I'll always have their fur when they were 2 years old :) x

i think your vet is amazing.. such a lovely thought :love::love:

the funeral bloke gave me a rose from the flowers at my dads funeral, i have it in a plastic heart with a photo of him. i dont think its morbid its more clinging on to memories of a loved one :love:

I think that is lovely, and it has actually made me quite tearful. :) Thank you for posting this because now I know what I shall want to do if I lose one of my buns. Rosie will always be with you. :)

i agree with this. i will definately like to keep a small part of Pearl. shes too precious to lose completely

Back