• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have never been a nethie fan but today

I love nethies too but they are so small I wouldn't want to take my eyes off them whilst free ranging outside. I'd feel too bad cooping them up and even worse if anything happened to them whilst free ranging so couldn't have them for that reason :(

:wave: Was really nice to see you both this afternoon :) Glad to know I still have all 16 bunnies here though :lol: but... would you like to catnap the cat?

There is definitely a genetic element to behaviour, so it stands to reason that, especially when the breed was being 'made', the best looking ones were bred and if they were nasty then so be it, and those traits were then passed on. Nw the breed is established, and so breeders can breed for temperment too, which means that the bunnies generally are nicer than they were. Maybe the stereotype was accurate many years ago, but definitely not now, and certainly not with mine.

Mine are wonderful, thankfully :) As Becca found out today :D

Nope sorry dont really want the cat, chloe might but until she is old enough to look after it herself, no Cats!!! :lol:

Very wonderful!! :D Did you have a quick count up once I left?? :lol:

nethies are perdy :love: i discovered how much ofa nutjob Mae really is yesterday! she was running around and around so quickly i was getting dizzy :p

Nope sorry dont really want the cat, chloe might but until she is old enough to look after it herself, no Cats!!! :lol:

Very wonderful!! :D Did you have a quick count up once I left?? :lol:

If I put the bunny ears on the cat might that please everyone? :lol:

And yes, everyone is present and correct. You can come again :lol:

Love nethies! But then I might be slightly biased...and I have known no other bunny. Charlee is adorable though and has a ridiculous amount of energy. She doesn't stop. She wakes me up at 3am pulling on the bars of her cage cause she wants out. She is known to be very bossy, but loves attention. Comes running up whenever I go into the room, and circles around my feet till I give her a treat! She isn't really a "cuddly" bunny, but doesn't mind head rubs..especially if food is involved. I can't really understand why people don't like nethies...Charlee certainly has me wrapped around her little paw!

bunniesmay19th2010inaviary001.jpg

Dandelion: We are mean, mean bunnies!

Clover: Don't be silly, Dandelion,we were just having a grumpy face day when that photo was taken. This one is much nicer :wave:

bunniesmay196th2010withbasilpots001.jpg

Ooooh - i loooove this!!! :love::love::love::lol:

I love your photo Blackberry & Co! That has really cheered me up :D

Lady Inca is a Nethie and she is the most gentle & affectionate little princess, she would sit and give out licks all day if you let her :love:

Nethies are lovely and most of the ones I've known have a ridiculous amount of energy.

This is so true. I've never seen bunnies as manic as my little Comet. I think people are put off because the come across wrong. Comet comes across as nervous because he wont come near you when he's in the run but I think he is actually evading you because he just wants to carry on playing. When I pick him up he snuggles right in and flops on my lap for hours.

the only down side of nethies is trying to catch them: to get them indoors, to take to the vets, to take meds:roll:

my 2 are both very very friendly fusspots. neither would want to be picked up (but then again, neither would i) so i get down onto the floor with them for snuggles:love:

not sure how i'd manage with a bigger bun in the house:?

the only down side of nethies is trying to catch them: to get them indoors, to take to the vets, to take meds:roll:

my 2 are both very very friendly fusspots. neither would want to be picked up (but then again, neither would i) so i get down onto the floor with them for snuggles:love:

Mine are used to the carry case, so they happily go into it, which makes life easier. I've had to give Clo meds, but thankfully he is a very well behaved bunny who seems to enjoy a cuddle. I dread the day I have to give Blackie or Dan meds :shock::shock::shock:

I have two neddies and although they are not the friendliest of bunnies I do still love them to bits. I would never say that ALL nethies are stark raving bonkers BUT in my experience nethies are more likely to be skittish and less friendly than bigger bunnies, especially if they have not been handled well from birth but there are obvious exceptions. Trying to catch a neddie is hard tho....they are very fast.

I think it depends where they come from as to how they are.

Mine are mostly easy to catch and happy to be handled and come bounding over whenever anyone comes near (in fact, they will follow you around, esepcially Badger).

Lovely bubbly bunny!

Just to use this pic again and show off my boy again :D (I'm on mum's laptop so don't have access to my pictures to upload any new ones)

DSCN7586.jpg

I think it depends where they come from as to how they are.

Mine are mostly easy to catch and happy to be handled and come bounding over whenever anyone comes near (in fact, they will follow you around, esepcially Badger).

Lovely bubbly bunny!

Just to use this pic again and show off my boy again :D (I'm on mum's laptop so don't have access to my pictures to upload any new ones)

DSCN7586.jpg

I want him!!! He'd go so well with my boys :love::love::love:

No, Inca doesn't like being picked up either but for the first time this week she actually came and sat on my knee (whilst I was crossed legged on the floor). I was so happy I squealed and she shot off again :oops::roll::lol:

I usually sit or lie on the floor with her for cuddles & nose rubs :love::love:

Mine are used to the carry case, so they happily go into it, which makes life easier. I've had to give Clo meds, but thankfully he is a very well behaved bunny who seems to enjoy a cuddle. I dread the day I have to give Blackie or Dan meds :shock::shock::shock:

seems you have the knack - i may be calling on you soon if eric doesn't start eating properly;)

i've tried leaving the carriers with them at all times so that they can use them freely. made no difference. esme soon got bored of it being in her way (she likes everything to be in the places she demands) and eric just avoided the whole area of the room that the carrier was in:roll:

No, Inca doesn't like being picked up either but for the first time this week she actually came and sat on my knee (whilst I was crossed legged on the floor). I was so happy I squealed and she shot off again :oops::roll::lol:

I usually sit or lie on the floor with her for cuddles & nose rubs :love::love:

:lol: i did that a few times when eric climbed onto me - he shot off and avoided me for days:lol:

I bribe Charlee back into her cage with bunny biscuits :lol: It's the only way, cause she would much prefer to keep on playing when I want to go to bed!!

I bribe Charlee back into her cage with bunny biscuits :lol: It's the only way, cause she would much prefer to keep on playing when I want to go to bed!!

Have to admit, they really do have a mind of their own. Dandelion will happily go into the travel case straight away 99% of the time, but just very occasionally he decides he'd rather stay where he is, and then he firmly pushes the door closed, and when I open it again he tries to throw the case away from him:roll:

Blackie & Dan love the travel case, Buttercup goes into a corner,I put the case in front of him ,he stamps his foot once, and then hops in.

Clover has a very strange game - he likes to go under the hutch and I have to tickle his bum with a feather duster, and then he'll run out and happily get in the case :roll: We have the same routine every day. I think he just likes the bum tickling.....

Clover has a very strange game - he likes to go under the hutch and I have to tickle his bum with a feather duster, and then he'll run out and happily get in the case :roll: We have the same routine every day. I think he just likes the bum tickling.....

:lol::lol: How strange!

When the bunnies are in their run on the grass I leave the carrier in there and Pipkin hops in to be taken back to the hutch.
I can never get him to go in when it's vet time though... it's like he can tell... :?

He's a strange one. He hates being picked up, but when he's sitting on the vet table he ALWAYS makes a leap for my shoulder. Like he's suddenly decided that even being picked up is better than having a vet look at him...

Back