• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I FEEL SO GUILTY

I have some pet shop bunnies too and I love them all to bits! I know not everyone who buys from petshops are wonderful owners, but lets just hope that he gets picked up by someone who will treat him well :)

loopylop said:
sparklefairy said:
I wonder what kind of homes they end up in :cry:

I don't mean this in any way bad/sarky/rude... and I definatly know what you mean... only not all people that buy pet shop buns will keep them locked in a tiny hutch etc or are bad people... Sophie was a pet shop bun :wink: :wink:

But I do know what you mean... but for the people who didn't know about rescues (like me when I had soph!) some of those buns may be getting great homes... hopefully that is some consolation to you after seeing these buns in the shop :wink:

I know what you mean, but since coming here I've read such horror stories :( Of course I know not everyone getting a pet shop bun is bad :D and some of them will have lovely homes I'm sure, I just worry about the ones who don't :( ( if that makes sense)

sparklefairy said:
loopylop said:
sparklefairy said:
I wonder what kind of homes they end up in :cry:

I don't mean this in any way bad/sarky/rude... and I definatly know what you mean... only not all people that buy pet shop buns will keep them locked in a tiny hutch etc or are bad people... Sophie was a pet shop bun :wink: :wink:

But I do know what you mean... but for the people who didn't know about rescues (like me when I had soph!) some of those buns may be getting great homes... hopefully that is some consolation to you after seeing these buns in the shop :wink:

I know what you mean, but since coming here I've read such horror stories :( Of course I know not everyone getting a pet shop bun is bad :D and some of them will have lovely homes I'm sure, I just worry about the ones who don't :( ( if that makes sense)

Yep, I know what you mean too, just wanted people to know all us pet shop bun buyers weren't all mean! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes i agree with lauras post. my first bun was a pet shop bun and he lived to 9 years old and was a darling.

but i also agree with you because there would be a majority of buns that wouldnt be looked after that are brought from a pet shop and thats why they all turn up in rescues.

if you really do believe that they bunny was being treated horrible then you could 'rescue' it from the pet shop. i can remember when someone off this website did that a few months ago, because the owner of the store wasnt holding them properly and kept dropping them and loads of other things. if you do feel that the rabbit is at risk being in there and is very scared then i personally would think it through. dont just buy the bun for the sake of it though, theres loads of rescues :D go back today and have a look at it, see how its doing and take it from there.

i wish you the best of look and keep us updated :)

I see poorly buns in the shops and I just want to take them home as well. But I can't physically do it.
Maybe like you could report them to a local vet if you're concerned about their well being

Back