• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel really silly

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
Lamb Chop and Lacey have been sharing a space to play in and I must say they have bonded nicely but guess what I noticed today? .... Lamb Chop has a pair of balls :shock: :censored: I feel so stupid now. I could have an unwanted pregnancy on my hands.

I have separated them now until I get Lamb Chop neutered. If the worse happens and Lacey falls pregnant I'm going to have a litter of rabbits to re-home. Luckily I have the space to give them an enclosure until I find homes for all of them which will have to be done a.s.a.p once they are ready to leave there mother, however I know rabbits can be very difficult to re-home. I've taken action now but it might be to late.

I had that happen twice before I learned to not trust anyone other than my vet or time. Though a posting here about a vet that could not find female parts during a spay shows that some vets should not be trusted. It can be hard to tell when they are young.

I had that happen twice before I learned to not trust anyone other than my vet or time. Though a posting here about a vet that could not find female parts during a spay shows that some vets should not be trusted. It can be hard to tell when they are young.

Most definitely. I can be very hard to tell when they are young. I guess it happens a lot.

Thankfully its not looking likely that Lacey is pregnant. A young rabbit has to be 5 to 6 months old to get pregnant although some rabbits can become pregnant at 12 weeks depending on the breed.

Lamb Chop is such a wonderful bunny he has bonded with me very well and is always licking my arms and face. He loves his head stokes and sits with m on the couch. He will sometimes do a half binky at me flicking his ears. Yesterday he flicked urine at me when it was time for him to go to his enclosure.

I do feel guilty when I have to put him back in his enclosure to let the others out for exercise.

Back