• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do :(

I have a cunning plan.....

Why don't you say to your mum that you will stop asking about hutches and runs etc, IF you can keep him in your room?

If he enjoys it in there for a little while, he'll enjoy it permanently IMO. Then you only need find a dog crate or some panels (did you say you already had some of those? You can make him a 'base' and he can be with you all the time you are at home:love:

I could try that. He's not neutered at the moment, but if I didn't have to spend my money on housing I could spend it on that, and have money left over for other stuff.

If that doesn't work though, I'll see if I can get him moved to my dad's house.

That would be awesome if he could move to your dads :love: I think I remember you telling us you spend the week there and the weekends at your moms?

It would be easier for you then :D

I spend every other weekend and two/three weekdays at my dads, so I'm there quite a bit. I'll try to ask my mum tonight :D

My mum said that the doesn't mind Freddy going to dads! :D

My dad said that he'll help me look for a cheap shed :thumb:

My mum said that the doesn't mind Freddy going to dads! :D

My dad said that he'll help me look for a cheap shed :thumb:

YAY! I'm so happy for you! :D That would be so amazing :love: and I think (not trying to be rude!) that if you give your dad a list of things to do when you're not there then he would do it and not question you :thumb: now YOU can be the rabbit savvy mummy :love:

Aw sounds like you're getting sorted :D
Well done, I think the cheapest option is a shed/ playhouse with attached run. Get your dad to search eBay for some near you. I have a shed with aviary panels attached. I also have the puppy panels which make a good extension to his accommodation for when you are able to sit with him. (not permenant as not predator proof).

CIMG4425.jpg

CIMG4404-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's great news! Another way to spend more time with Freddy at this time of year, is to bring him indoors, supervised, for a run around when you are about. That's what I do with my two bunnies. They have a dog kennel and aviary for when they are out (usually I'm out at work weekdays) and then they have the run of the house in the evenings, when I work at home and at weekends when I am in. :thumb:

Thanks everyone :D

I'll look for the rabbit run pannels so I can do that, kaths101 :thumb:

I bring him in sometimes and I think he likes it. I was with my mum and my friend today (who has a rabbit), and my mum was complaining about the rabbit fluff on my carpet, and my friend asked why I brought him inside when he is not a house rabbit. I tried to explain that it can be easier, especially if the weather is bad, but then my mum started saying that although I'm trying to be kind, I'm actually being cruel to him. I said that he is happy inside and that he flops over and is relaxed, and she said that flopping over means that he is too hot. :?

It's not cruel to bring him inside, is it? :(

It could be if you use it wisely ;) maybe write down the cost of everything so you can see where you are :D 6 x 4 is a great size :love:

Aww, I remember first hearing about Freddy and how you were trying to get him a bigger home. This is so great to read! I'd advise to try and make your money go as far as possible, so have you tried looking on gumtree and freecycle for sheds or panels you can turn into sheds?

Back