• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't fix them

Sorry I went to bed before midnight last night, but just want to echo what the late owls have said. You do a fantastic job with your buns, but there is only so much you can do. Thinking of you. :wave:

That song was played at my friends funeral and as soon as I heard the first few bars of the song, I was in tears :cry:

I know how you feel though. After Tinker died, I blamed myself (still do) and felt utterly helpless and tearful all the time.

But you AREN'T useless. I look to your website when I need answers, so please realise you're doing your very best, and these buns know that.

Be strong.

I've just read your post and I can so empathise with you. One of my buns, Sue, is losing weight and has only half a kidney working and I feel totally helpless. I just want to make her all better and feel useless that I can't. I just keep giving her lovely noms but seeing her little face tucking into them and her close bond with Peggy breaks my heart as I know the time is coming soon when she will have to go to the Bridge.

Sometimes being a Bunny Mummy is incredibly painful.:(:(

I know it must be terribly hard for you right now, but please know that you've really helped us with our search for a third bun. Your information pack was really comprehensive and I'm sure we'll be using it a lot. Your contributions on this forum are always valuable so please remember that. This forum is here for you as much as you are here for us. :D

All the best and lots of vibes to the buns xx

Jo x

just seen this from last night, reading your thread is a sort of comfort that i am not the only one feeling as you do. My bunny morris has heart and breathing problems, i cant give him medication as he panics when touched or handled, he seems a bit worse tonight. Tomorrow i think i will take him to vets and let him pass away peacefully. I am sure he would choose this option himself rather than the struggle with vets and medication, he will only eat dandylions now, he was such a good eater. I think i feel as sad and helpless as you did last night. I hope you are feeling stronger today and that things have worked out for the best for you and your special buns.

Yeh. Two of the most lovely bunnies who i ever had the pleasure of being joined by. one of whom would be counted as one of my best friends.

mum keeps reassuring me im doing all the right things but that doesnt change the fail i feel so deeply guilty and so much like im failing them and eltting them down because neither of them want to die and both of them are going to. one ill probably have to make the decision, by which point said bunny should be ready, but the other one may just be stolen from me when the body gives up.

god, talk about meltdown. stupid song.

it was 'fix you' by coldplay and i just disintegrated. because i can't fix them

i just wish i wasn't failing them both. i wish for once i could succeed. im so flaming useless.

Fix you, its a sad song but at times like this you need to stay strong and positive, despite how hard things become.

So, forget coldplays song and read your signature. Enjoy the time you have with them, bunnies live in the moment and so should you :)

They are some of the most luckyest buns to be alive having you to take care of them.

I know how hard it must be for you though, everyone on RU are here for you though. Im sending you lots of vibes. x

Fix you, its a sad song but at times like this you need to stay strong and positive, despite how hard things become.

So, forget coldplays song and read your signature. Enjoy the time you have with them, bunnies live in the moment and so should you :)

They are some of the most luckyest buns to be alive having you to take care of them.

I know how hard it must be for you though, everyone on RU are here for you though. Im sending you lots of vibes. x

Good post :)

I love that song but it can make you cry on the happiest of days. We used it as a backing track to some video of timmy and I have tears rolling down my cheeks everytime I watch it :oops:

Good post :)

I love that song but it can make you cry on the happiest of days. We used it as a backing track to some video of timmy and I have tears rolling down my cheeks everytime I watch it :oops:

I cry when i hear the song too. It was played at my friends brothers funeral. He loved cold play. He died at the age of 18 after fighting lukhemia since he was 7. He just couldnt fight anymore and he died listenig to the song "god put a smile on my face"

makes me cry every time.

and sky-o it wasnt a load of garbage that you were talking, music and lyrics can have such a profound effect on our emotions, especially when we are down!

ETA: If music helps you... get cheryle coles fight for this love on! ... not sure of your taste in music, but this always makes me feel better! :) :lol:

Last edited:
Back