• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can’t find a single female!

Is there a reason you specifically want a female, when bonding, I’ve found male/ female bonding easiest, but neutered male/ male has been next easiest and neutered female/ female the hardest.
It may be worth contacting those with neutered males, assuming your boy is and discussing options.

Rescues are faced with taking in unvaccinated Rabbits every day. Often into situations where there are numerous other Rabbits. If they didn’t they could not function as a Rescue.

OP,If your own Rabbit is fully up to date with their vaccinations and you quarantine an unvaccinated intake the risk will be small. But if you are not happy to do that you could suggest to the Rehomer that you take the Rabbit to your Vet and get her vaccinated with FILIVAC, drop her back to the Rehomer then collect her again 7 days later. FILIVAC takes 7 days for a full immune response to be established where-as Nobivac Myxo RHD Plus takes 21 days. You would then need to get the Nobivac done at least 2 weeks after the FILIVAC to ensure cover for Myxomatosis.

Of course all this might be too much hassle for you. But it’s what I would do if I could not find a single Doe in a Rescue

ARC (based in Twickenham ) has some, I have known of ARC rehoming to people in Kent. So you could always make enquiries

https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/adopt-a-rabbit/

I used to foster for Animal Rescue Centre and they have loads of bunnies. They’ve had a number of unexpected litters, with a few very cute baby females. Obviously they’d need to be rehomed at the right time.

Is there a reason you specifically want a female, when bonding, I’ve found male/ female bonding easiest, but neutered male/ male has been next easiest and neutered female/ female the hardest.
It may be worth contacting those with neutered males, assuming your boy is and discussing options.

I am not sure really. I think I just had that a male female bond is the easiest. I am not that experienced with bonding (only bonded one trio who had been living next to each other for years so was relatively easy). I am worried about bonding when I am 7 months pregnant and have a 2 year old. If I can’t find a female, I will definitely look into a gentle neutered male. x

Ah fair enough, if you did see any in Essex I'm happy to run a bun half way or something to you if that helps at all!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Ah thank you, that’s really kind. Will see how I get on - I have been in contact with somewhere in Croydon who have a few single females. x

Have you tried GBH Rescue in Beckenham? They seem to have good contacts and will be aware of bunnies that haven't yet made it to rescues' websites.

GBH are my local rescue and who I have regimes most of mine from but she doesn’t have any single females in at the moment.

Rescues are faced with taking in unvaccinated Rabbits every day. Often into situations where there are numerous other Rabbits. If they didn’t they could not function as a Rescue.

OP,If your own Rabbit is fully up to date with their vaccinations and you quarantine an unvaccinated intake the risk will be small. But if you are not happy to do that you could suggest to the Rehomer that you take the Rabbit to your Vet and get her vaccinated with FILIVAC, drop her back to the Rehomer then collect her again 7 days later. FILIVAC takes 7 days for a full immune response to be established where-as Nobivac Myxo RHD Plus takes 21 days. You would then need to get the Nobivac done at least 2 weeks after the FILIVAC to ensure cover for Myxomatosis.

Of course all this might be too much hassle for you. But it’s what I would do if I could not find a single Doe in a Rescue

ARC (based in Twickenham ) has some, I have known of ARC rehoming to people in Kent. So you could always make enquiries

https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/adopt-a-rabbit/

Thanks Jane. I did email Ark on Friday so will see what they say. x

Its gonna be hard finding a single spayed female because its so hard to tell if they have actually been spayed or not and people can lie just to get rid of there bunnies but finding a pair is easier where you have a neutered and spayed pair. Single spayed females are about but it knowing where to look like for example pets4homes will have some and they often have spayed and neutered pairs going for free in the adoption section. Could you not maybe adopt a pair?

I met a lovely lady from Croydon Animal Samaritans today and am going to try and bond one of her girls with Ted. Fingers crossed!! ��������

I met a lovely lady from Croydon Animal Samaritans today and am going to try and bond one of her girls with Ted. Fingers crossed!! ��������

Excellent, hope it all goes well for Ted and the new girlie :love:

Hahaha I swear when I first read the title I thought you couldn't find a woman for yourself :lol: :lol:

The only people I've ever attracted are dirty old men. I've pretty much given up on looking for a lady now. I've had a few girl friends over the years but its clear I'm not particularly desirable. Now that I'm older I've given up now

Back