• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I almost burst into tears..

I have to agree with Becky86 and Jane.

Louise,
If I was you I would get yourself sorted out and then think about a friend for Charlie and as regards the P@H bunnies unfortunately you cannot save them all and what would happen if it didn't bond with Charlie:?.
Think about what you are doing with your head and not your heart (even though your heart is in the right place).

ok i agree with all of that but...

who is entitled to the free spay stuff!!!

If your on benefits by choice you shouldnt have animals...
if your not....you should have to pay for everything

im really confused :cry:

so again....

who is entitled?

As I understand it people in receipt of a means tested Benefit. Certainly when registering a Pet with the RSPCA you are requested not to take on any more animals and only neutered Dogs and Cats can receive treatment (at Putney Animal Hospital) This is because people on Benefits were topping up their income by breeding and selling dogs and yet expecting the RSPCA to fund their Vet treatment !!

ok i agree with all of that but...

who is entitled to the free spay stuff!!!

If your on benefits by choice you shouldnt have animals...
if your not....you should have to pay for everything

im really confused :cry:

Go on your local RSPCA site and it should tell you. It's on ours anyway

As I understand it people in receipt of a means tested Benefit. Certainly when registering a Pet with the RSPCA you are requested not to take on any more animals and only neutered Dogs and Cats can receive treatment (at Putney Animal Hospital) This is because people on Benefits were topping up their income by breeding and selling dogs and yet expecting the RSPCA to fund their Vet treatment !!

when you put it like that it makes sense, that basically the RSPCA are neutering as a preventative measure to make sure that there arent even more animals in need. If they are doing breeding on the side of their benefits though shouldn't they have the animals taking away as it is benefit fraud? or is the money not enough to count as benefit fraud? (I'm not arguing with you here Jane its just an honest question :) )

As I say I can see both sides... but as someone else has said just think with your head not with your heart. I know its hard sometimes. We are just looking at the facts here, but Louise you are the only one who can know the emotions involved.

I get really annoyed at chavs claiming vets bills of the PDSA! I pay for everything for my animals, if someone offered me a freebie i'd take it. It'd help! Frustrates me that I'm a hardworking person yet get no benefits and so get nothing! Its like the argument of people who cant be bothered to work and claim benefits, while I pay tax! And then they get an animal knowing someone else wil pay the vets bills!

I'm on benefits. I can't work. I can't get help from the PDSA either so my benefit money has to pay for vets bills.

when you put it like that it makes sense, that basically the RSPCA are neutering as a preventative measure to make sure that there arent even more animals in need. If they are doing breeding on the side of their benefits though shouldn't they have the animals taking away as it is benefit fraud? or is the money not enough to count as benefit fraud? (I'm not arguing with you here Jane its just an honest question :) )

As I say I can see both sides... but as someone else has said just think with your head not with your heart. I know its hard sometimes. We are just looking at the facts here, but Louise you are the only one who can know the emotions involved.

Working in any way would be classed as benefit fraud if not declared.

when you put it like that it makes sense, that basically the RSPCA are neutering as a preventative measure to make sure that there arent even more animals in need. If they are doing breeding on the side of their benefits though shouldn't they have the animals taking away as it is benefit fraud? or is the money not enough to count as benefit fraud? (I'm not arguing with you here Jane its just an honest question :) )As I say I can see both sides... but as someone else has said just think with your head not with your heart. I know its hard sometimes. We are just looking at the facts here, but Louise you are the only one who can know the emotions involved.

Knowing what happens is one thing, actually PROVING it is another matter entirely............

I'm on benefits. I can't work. I can't get help from the PDSA either so my benefit money has to pay for vets bills.

I think she means people who refuse to work with no good reason rather than people who can't work. thats who i mean anyway when i say 'chavs on benefits' :wave: I hope nobody is getting offended by this post :( i know loads of people need benefits, but because of chavs the people who need benefits don't get the money they deserve and struggle to get by, and get looked down on because they are tarred with the same brush.

I think she means people who refuse to work with no good reason rather than people who can't work. thats who i mean anyway when i say 'chavs on benefits' :wave: I hope nobody is getting offended by this post :( i know loads of people need benefits, but because of chavs the people who need benefits don't get the money they deserve and struggle to get by, and get looked down on because they are tarred with the same brush.

Unfortunately by having ME I get the feeling a lot of people feel I don't deserve benefits. They only see me on my good days, not my bad, and think that those good days are sustainable when they are far from it.

On another forum someone admitted to saying their cat was their Nan's to get free PDSA treatment. Needless to say they were shot down in flames by the other member's of the forum but seeing that hurts when I have to pay for mine, not that I would want some strange, rabbit unsavvy vet dealing with my animals. Fortunately I have £300 saved up and my parents to fall back on in the event of something serious happening.

but it frsutrates me that chavs who refuse to work get free help and people like mw who work hard and harder get...nothing! If anything more bills. It should be the other way round, the people who work (as opposed to people who could work but choose not to out of laziness) should get rewarded but instead they get punished :(

Unfortunately by having ME I get the feeling a lot of people feel I don't deserve benefits. They only see me on my good days, not my bad, and think that those good days are sustainable when they are far from it.

On another forum someone admitted to saying their cat was their Nan's to get free PDSA treatment. Needless to say they were shot down in flames by the other member's of the forum but seeing that hurts when I have to pay for mine, not that I would want some strange, rabbit unsavvy vet dealing with my animals. Fortunately I have £300 saved up and my parents to fall back on in the event of something serious happening.

:( I hate hearing stuff like this, I bet these people have no real idea what ME involves. I also bet the people who feel you dont 'deserve' benefits are the ones who ring in sick for a cold or a hangover.

That would be my worry with PDSA or RSPCA, the strange, potentially rabbit unsavvy vet.

but it frsutrates me that chavs who refuse to work get free help and people like mw who work hard and harder get...nothing! If anything more bills. It should be the other way round, the people who work (as opposed to people who could work but choose not to out of laziness) should get rewarded but instead they get punished :(

I couldn't agree more. What I dont understand though, is I know people who need benefits and are put through all kinds of tests and then given a tiny amount, yet chavs can sign on at 16/18 and never really be regulated. It just doesnt make sense, the good people are persecuted and the bad left to carry on as they are. I feel with working, you never see the benefit of your tax and national insurance, as you often aren't eligible for the NHS and the state pension is rubbish! I dont mind tax money going to those who generally need it, but its when it goes to chavs and politicians expenses (but perhaps we shouldnt even get started on that subject :lol:) that it annoys me!

I agree with Kay. You are going through a rough time right now and as much as you want to help them its maybe not the best time right now. Ultimately of course its your decision and only you know if you will cope or not.

On another forum someone admitted to saying their cat was their Nan's to get free PDSA treatment.
Sadly RSPCA have now had to change their policy on free vet care. People on benefits were bringing in other peoples pets and trying to claim free treatment. Treatment will now only be given if the pet is microchipped in the person on benefits name - sad but true

It annoys me too.

My local RSPCA have a mobile unit that go round offering microchipping, flea & worming treatment for £10 if in receipt of benefits. One week and they get it every week a woman went in with a persian cat for the offer and when she was offered a voucher for £15 towards neutering she turned round and said I don't think so I have got her for breeding:shock: So she was told to get out in a nice way of course as she was told if you can afford to breed you can afford the vets bills I was really pleased:D.
I had a girl that boarded her french lop with me who was on all the benefits going (nothing wrong with her). She got the rabbit from a breeder in the midlands and then went to Cumbria and paid £500 for a staffie and then took both to the RSPCA to be neutered now that really annoys me as they also go on holiday abroad 3 times a year

Back