• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch recycled

I'm going to be keeping them inside with access to the garden in the afternoons.
:wave:
Sorry if you feel like I'm ignoring people but you don't know my dilemma :(

It's personal I don't want to tell everyone.

Ok :wave: But you won't be able to do this is winter/bad weather. If you're looking to adopt a wifey bun for Lucky then it might be an idea to if you have a rescue in mind to adopt from then have a look at their rehoming requirements about accommodation/ask them about it as each rescue's will be different so you have an idea of what they'll be looking for when it comes to it maybe?

He lives in the kitchen plus dining room he no such base but does camp on the dining room chairs and behind the sofa.
He gets let out at 12 noon - into the garden with access to the garage. Whilst I'm at school one of my parents supervises him sometimes from the kitchen and dining room.
And then I come home and let him in the house at 5 where he stays.

I know he doesn't get supervised 100% pefectly. But it's the way it is. If someone had to supervise him perfectly he'll get less free range time as the supervisors also have things to do.

You may not agree with my method and that's fine but please do not make me feel like I'm being interrogated and taught rudely.

:wave:

You are the one who has the problem with what i've said, not me.

If you continue to change the environment he is in, with history of respiratory issues, day in day out at this time of year, you could make him ill. That's not me 'interrogating' or telling you you're being 'taught rudely', thats the fact.

Basically, and being blunt, that effect, on a compromised bun COULD actually kill him.

That's facts, not an opinion.

If you choose to do the other, i can't and won't stop you, but i will voice my opinion on the matter, as that is what is allowed, but i will do it in a factual and informative manner.

You are the one who has the problem with what i've said, not me.

If you continue to change the environment he is in, with history of respiratory issues, day in day out at this time of year, you could make him ill. That's not me 'interrogating' or telling you you're being 'taught rudely', thats the fact.

Basically, and being blunt, that effect, on a compromised bun COULD actually kill him.

That's facts, not an opinion.

If you choose to do the other, i can't and won't stop you, but i will voice my opinion on the matter, as that is what is allowed, but i will do it in a factual and informative manner.

:thumb:

Before i knew the dangers I would bring Mischa in during the day and out him back out in his hutch at night, i'm certain this contributed to his snuffle problems that he has. Mine are kept inside and they don't go outside until it's warm and dry outside. I think they went outside for a bit in March this year but it was unsually warm. I sit out with them constantly so if it's not warm enough for me to be out there then it is not warm enough for them either. They live in the same temperature as me so if I have to put a coat on then they won't go outside, they can't put a coat on, they can't suddenly grow a thicker coat for a few hours outside.

You really shouldn't be allowing inside buns to go outside now as the temperature difference is just too great :(
And sorry but I don't agree with building a hutch without a run either as rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk which seems to be when he will be shut in the hutch :(

Back