• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch cleaning

When we say bleach I hope no-one's using neat bleach - it needs to be one part bleach with 9 parts water :)

I use zoflora extremely diluted - just a drop in a pint and a half of water still smells fabulous, which is why I use it - for the smell rather than as disinfectant - for killing germs I use the bleach mix above.

I use Avisafe from Dr Squiggles, its great - the hutches don't have to be completely dry before you put the buns back in, just make sure theres no puddles and it doesn't need rinsing. It was also the only disinfectant approved by Defra as effective against Bird Flu so its got to be fairly powerful. http://birdcareco.com/DrSquiggles/Products/products.html#avisafeC

I use that when i'm hutch swapping, but I'm really looking forward to moving my hutches to the new house in a week or so - I'm going to take the opportunity to really scrub every block and give them a throrough rinse and dry - something thats very difficult when they're in a shed!!

When we say bleach I hope no-one's using neat bleach - it needs to be one part bleach with 9 parts water :)

I use zoflora extremely diluted - just a drop in a pint and a half of water still smells fabulous, which is why I use it - for the smell rather than as disinfectant - for killing germs I use the bleach mix above.

Diluted but 1 part to 3.....I am determined not to spread EC about.

Hutches are rinsed and left to dry and air too though.

Diluted but 1 part to 3.....I am determined not to spread EC about.

Hutches are rinsed and left to dry and air too though.

oh I see - my 1part to 9 parts water doesn't need rinsing - or shall we say I never bother - just dry it after it's soaked 15 mins :)

Back