• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch boredom

Mine love those Weave-a-ball things... they last one night :D

Chill and chew mats are also good, they tend to last a little longer than the first one lasted :lol:

I have these things dangling in mine, although according to my two, they are only as interesting as their content!
P1000437.jpg

P1000432.jpg

does anyone know where u get them silver hanging ball things from ?

Upside down cardboard box with a couple of holes cut in so he can hide, jump on or destroy. Fill it with hay too. :D

The upturned box filled with straw/hay is a good idea - mine love their box! They like me to put one archway in and they chew out the other one!! :D

The problem with boxes is that the upper hutch isn't big enough, and that's where he spends most of his time in winter. I've ordered a weave-a-ball, and will try to keep smaller boxes for him (he tends to chock kitchen roll tubes down the stairs, and I expect anything a bit bigger would block the stairs).

The problem is that Master Spenser isn't netutered yet :oops::oops::oops: and his vet recommends waiting until the weather has warmed up a bit. Spenser hasn't done any of the classic horomnal things while I've had him (since April) but I'm beginning to wonder if his occasional grumpy days might be relevant here. :?

As long as there kept nice and warm while they recover the weather shouldnt matter that is why vets have heat matts and as long as there kept inside after surgery should be fine although becareful not to over heat them the ears are a good indicator they should b like the normal body temp to touch not to hot not to cold :) x

I found a small cardboard box and filled it with assorted hays and straw. This has secured some interest. :D Spenser is full of beans after his hutch day - through his veg dish all over the hutch. :shock::roll::lol:

I found a small cardboard box and filled it with assorted hays and straw. This has secured some interest. :D Spenser is full of beans after his hutch day - through his veg dish all over the hutch. :shock::roll::lol:

Do you think he'll grace you with his presence today in the conservatory? :D

Raisin and rocky love the tube!

I started off buying one off those toy balls which when the rabbits rolls it around a treat falls out, howver they didn't like it very much. So for christmas i bought them a tube and they absoloutley love it, though i am not sure if soon the novelty will run out! They both hide in it from the other one and sometimes they hide in it together. They also love to use it as a hurdle and jump over it!

:wave:

Do you think he'll grace you with his presence today in the conservatory? :D

I bloomin well hope so.:roll::love: A favourite auntie we see very rarely is coming to visit tomorrow, so I'm hoping he doesn't decide to have another grumpy day then.:?

Back