• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hurt Leg

LuckyClover

Young Bun
I noticed a couple days ago that my rabbit was not putting as much pressure on his right hind leg as normal. after checking for irregular bone placements, i thought it was just a bruise, so i left it alone for a while and tried to keep him calm.

but today i saw that now he is almost not putting any pressure onto his leg, and limps when hopping. I am in a different place now and do not have a vet to take him to. my family says he just has a sprained foot, but i just hate to see him like this. :cry:

he is eating like normal and insists that i groom him (like normal;)). but he does seem a little more docile than usual- he just lays down now, makes me pet him, and continues to lick everything!

does anyone know how i can try to heal his foot? is it just through time, being patient and keeping him off his foot?

He really needs to see a vet. You wouldn't necessarily feel a fracture and it could also be other things that need treatment.. one of my bunnies limped because of an abscess near the joint. If nothing else a limp is usually a sign of pain so a painkiller could be needed :)

Poor boy :cry:
He is obviously in pain and it is essential he is seen by a Vet today. I would not like to be left in pain by those who were responsible for my care.

yes, my baby is doing a lot better now. He got treated and is not limping anymore. Bunny is still recovering, but is MUCH better. thank you so much for the advice. :D it is by the Almighty power of my God that he is better. Thanks much! :D:D:D:D:D:D

yes, my baby is doing a lot better now. He got treated and is not limping anymore. Bunny is still recovering, but is MUCH better. thank you so much for the advice. :D it is by the Almighty power of my God that he is better. Thanks much! :D:D:D:D:D:D

.....so was he seen by a Vet :?

.....so was he seen by a Vet :?

oh, yes yes. and he is doing much better. i just had to credit my God because it is only by Him does anything happen. Anyways, He does know every sparrow and the number of hairs on our heads and gives us every breath and forms every day, doesn't He?:love:

I am just now seeing this. Poor bunny but I am glad that he is doing much better. What did the vet say was wrong with his leg?

oh, yes yes. and he is doing much better. i just had to credit my God because it is only by Him does anything happen. Anyways, He does know every sparrow and the number of hairs on our heads and gives us every breath and forms every day, doesn't He?:love:

I dont believe that but each to their own :)

I am glad your Rabbit is getting better now.

Back