• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to teach a rabbit to stop biting, ect..

Conejitos

Young Bun
I have four rabbits two adult females lion head and dwarf and two 10 week old brother and sister almost all of them lick me but they all mostly bite! They bite way more then they lick which I really dislike! Because I love them all and it's sad that they bite :( what have I done? :( Im careful with them I feed them, I'm always with them but I want them to stop biting so much especially my two little ones since they are little I know I can teach them but I want to do this right and need some advice. How to I teach a rabbit or bunny to stop biting? I know they are not like dogs but iknow they understand and can learn a few things right? :( please help

Are the older ones neutered? The youngsters are also coming up to puberty and both of my females used to sometimes bite before they were neutered, hormones seem to play a big part!

Rabbits mainly bite when they're frightened. When is it that they bite you, what are you doing at the time?

My bunnies sometime nibble me when they are licking me to see if I taste good! Is it just nibbling they are doing or proper biting that hurts?

I've heard that making a high pitched squeek when they bite tells them that it hurts! Not sure if it works though! I've tried it a couple of times and didn't seem to make a difference :lol: You need to identify why they are biting...are they over enthusiastic when hand feeding, are they scared of being handled and picked up (most buns don't like being picked up), do they bite when they are backed into a corner? It could be hormones, though I have never had a hormonal bunny bite me in my life! Could be territorial...Poppy used to growl at me if I tried to get her out of bed :lol:

I only have one bun that bites occasionally..he nips my feet when I have socks on..usually cos I'm in his way and he can't be bothered to go around me! Rarely does he bite hard.. I just tell him not to bite my feet!

Well I know my little guy is a little scared I think thats why he bites when with them I pet them and give them treats they always come up to me and climb me and randomly bite! And also some do bite my hand and push it when it's in there way but I really want to teach them to stop :(

Ricky randomly bites my left boob. It's made me a bit paraniod - always my left one, and never any other body part. Maybe I should have it checked. :roll:

I have four rabbits two adult females lion head and dwarf and two 10 week old brother and sister almost all of them lick me but they all mostly bite! They bite way more then they lick which I really dislike! Because I love them all and it's sad that they bite :( what have I done? :( Im careful with them I feed them, I'm always with them but I want them to stop biting so much especially my two little ones since they are little I know I can teach them but I want to do this right and need some advice. How to I teach a rabbit or bunny to stop biting? I know they are not like dogs but iknow they understand and can learn a few things right? :( please help

My 14 week rabbit has decided to start biting - it's very painful!

Tamsin Stone, the administrator on RU has written a fantastic book explaining many things about bunnies and one of them covers the subject of biting bunnies. It could be boredom, they could be scared, it could be just a nibble which usually accompanys grooming..............many reasons why. Think about their temperament, environment, hormones, smells, noises etc and you may well work out an answer.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Back