• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to re-bond with my rabbit?

Hi, I have a 2 year old Netherland dwarf rabbit, (spayed at 6 months) and we used to have a really good bond. She's my first rabbit, and I followed tips I read to build my bond with her when I got her, which worked. Unfortunately, I was hospitalised recently, which left my family in charge of her. Although they looked after her, they didn't let her out much, and didn't spend a lot of time with her. Since I got home, she'll happily come out of her pen, but she won't let me pet her anymore, nor does she binky anymore. I went through the same process I did as when I first got her, but nothing is changing. She also runs from me when I look at her, flicking her feet behind her, and I can't tell if she s annoyed at me or "escaping" (she used to do that at bed time when she was being naughty.) I've been home for nearly two months, her pen is in the front room so all through the day people are there, and I generally let her out from after I have dinner to when I go to bed (roughly 2-3 hours), spending most of my time sitting on the floor so she can be around me if she wants.

Apologies for the length and if it s unclear, but any help would be really appreciated.

Back