• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to manage

Sorry things are so hard just now. You have a wonderful friend in Thumps who is wanting to help you through the way you are feeling, just as you help him so very much. What a wonderful friendship to have with him!

You have found out so much in your excellent care of him, that you have helped many other bunnies and their owners through stressful times, including myself and Floppy, for which we are very grateful.

What can I say to you guys? You've done wonders for both of us.

I've spent most of the day & evening either asleep on the floor or cuddling him, barrier down, most of the tears over last night, & I was able to enjoy it again. He seems happier too, & groomed me lots.

I'm so grateful that we are back on track with our relationship. It feels good. We've always been "straight" with each other. That's what I love about buns.

You're the best bunny - human counsellors in the world - well you are global so it isn't surprising!

judy, if it helps, i also sleep much better on the floor! :shock::? and i haven't ever taken a nap on a hospital trolley before!! :?

lots more hugs xxx

I have only just seen this Judy,its so emotionally draining having a terminally Ill bun,I dont think your beautiful dog rabbit would have come this far if it wasnt for your dedication,love and care for him.I really wish people on here could see your bond in real life,I have never seen anything like it and its truly amazing:love::love::love::love::love:Im not very good with words but Im always here for you as you were for me when I went through this horrendous roller coaster with my babies xxxxxx

Thumper is so lucky to have a mummy like you Judy. You give him your undivided attention and everything you do, you do in his best interests.

I'm thinking of you, nose rubs to Thumper xx

Oh Judy - so sorry you & Thumps are haveing a hard time of it - this thread mad me cry for you both. So glad you have had a good cry & bonded with Thumps - you are doing the very best for him & he knows it & loves you very much....hope he is haveing a better day today.... hugs to you too! :love::love::love:

Oh Chelle, please don't get upset for us. I feel sad that I joined the forum when we were approaching the end. You guys missed out on so much fun at the beginning.

You know, I think all our buns are like this. It was only because I'm poorly that I could spend so much time at the beginning, & he was too poorly to be neutered so he only had me to "talk to". Had he been neutered with a companion bun, he wouldn't have needed to talk to me!

He's had a bit of a down day, with a fur ball & caec stuff but is feeling better now. I felt "stronger" today. I'm sure the metacam takes the worst of the pain way. I think it will be easier for us when he stops moulting. That's knocking the stuffing out of him.
So I'm off to play with him & sort out some of his dried leaves!
He's sooo funny jumping in the big box to get his dried food. You can see he's uncomfortable about it & feels he's being naughty, although I've let him do it, thinking "well he's going to eat it anyway!"

Judy,
I can appreciate how hard it is to watch a loved one who is terminally ill, I am in this position with a couple of cats at the moment. The only thing I can say is that they are still full of fight, even old Jimmy, and as long as they are and eating I will fight with them. They do not think about the end being nigh and therefore enjoy each day as it comes. I do get very upset when I get told there is nothing more the vet can do for them, I cried for 3 weeks when I was discovering Samson had lymphoma, but i then just get on with enjoying the time we have left and making things especially nice for them. It was a good few months before I lost Samson and I was devestated, but he was a happy boy and didn't know what was coming. I find I cry a lot at unexpected times, because of a song or a picture, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I alway think that because I know their time is limited, I can deal with it until their time comes and then recover after- not always the case- but it helps me get by and give them what they need. I know it is very exhausting but it is worth it and Thumper is a very lucky boy, who has also affected many people on his journey.
I do still have the plantain to post- Mike said he would do it and kept forgetting, but I will get it posted tomorrow.
Keep your chin up and stay positive. I firmly believe that living things will fight as hard as they can to stay with us and it is only when the end it truly near that they finally give up.

Oh Chelle, please don't get upset for us. I feel sad that I joined the forum when we were approaching the end. You guys missed out on so much fun at the beginning.

You know, I think all our buns are like this. It was only because I'm poorly that I could spend so much time at the beginning, & he was too poorly to be neutered so he only had me to "talk to". Had he been neutered with a companion bun, he wouldn't have needed to talk to me!

He's had a bit of a down day, with a fur ball & caec stuff but is feeling better now. I felt "stronger" today. I'm sure the metacam takes the worst of the pain way. I think it will be easier for us when he stops moulting. That's knocking the stuffing out of him.
So I'm off to play with him & sort out some of his dried leaves!
He's sooo funny jumping in the big box to get his dried food. You can see he's uncomfortable about it & feels he's being naughty, although I've let him do it, thinking "well he's going to eat it anyway!"

aaah bless you - its ok....wish I could help with some kind of advice to help ease his discomfort & pain...it sure sounds like he has loads of fun with you - bless his little soul!:love:
My girls have so much moulting fur too - but are not haveing any of the brushig thing...they look at me like what the heck is that thing! I think it pulls when there is a little tanlge & they dont like it...bless them.
I can just imagine Thumps jumping about his box!:lol: Bless him! Thanks to you & the other who advised about dryig herbs on RU - I have quite abit...but will have to stock up on more as my girls ADORE them - and its really helped get them eating after their spays....so thank you! and thanks you Thumps!
Hugs to you & noserubs for your sweety bun!

An update.
Thanks to you guys, I'm much more sorted out in myself. It's done wonders for the relationship between Thumps & I at this very important time, where every day is precious. You have all given us a wonderful gift.

Sending lots of hugs and vibes. I love to read about the connection you and Thumps have, it really is incredible :love: he's a lucky bunny to have found someone who understands him so completely

Back