• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to Fix the situation

i agree with what SJ has said i think its just a case of think before we type basically i sometimes come on here and yes i admit it i have jumped to conclusions without finding out facts before and yes i was wrong to do so. i have also edited some of my own posts when i feel they sounded abit harsh just so i didnt offend anyone.

i remember when igot my 2 Guinea Pigs from a breeder and the amount of people who jumped down my throat because of that it was unbelievable (after that happened i tryed to delete myself off here completely) that was how upset i was at those comments i was basically made to feel like ****.

I know I'm a gobby one on here :oops: But I do try to avoid posting if I can't say anything positive UNLESS I think animals are at risk - What I'm really bothered about is animal welfare, not making friends, although I enjoy the cameraderie on this forum a lot :)

If I give some tactful advice and it's ignored I usually just roll my eyes and move on, UNLESS there is a real danger to rabbits that's being ignored - I can't see the point in picking over the minute details of how a rabbit is kept - we all have different standards and luck plays a big part in things too, but some things are simply going to end in disaster and animal suffering, in which case I don't care if someone is offended, I will put it bluntly.

There's a thread in care where I've tactfully advised someone a couple of weeks ago to split up their rabbits, but they've taken no notice as they 'won't stand in the way of nature's progress' (or some such drivel) - so I have got blunt as she is basically killing her female rabbit and condemning umpteen babies to a dreadful life of suffering, just so her male rabbit isn't lonely. I can't be tactful and say nothing in the face of that as I feel SOMEBODY has to be the animal's advocate - they have no voice and no choice :?

Last edited:
Yeah, but then you have single rabbits so people could moan about that (and have aI gather). Sometimes on a forum you can't see all the info. Sometimes they are being stupid, but sometimes not.

Oh how I wish I could force people into doing what I want. There would be no single bunnies, all rescues would be neutered etc. It ain't like that in the real world, so I guess I'll just have to live with it. We all can get uppity when someone is acting foolishly, I guess we just have to try to restrain ourselves and try to be nice. If someone shouts at me I'd not be likely to listen, i'd be too busy being mad.

when someone is putting their pet at risk, i think its fair enough to speak up, but i think its when you have a different personal choice, other members make you feel like you are in the wrong. i dont think i am a bad rabbit owner bcus i dont order hay off the internet, i get it from a local farm for example, n some people get angry over it, it just feels like some people are too picky

I would be absolutely astounded if anyone has been criticised for not buying hay off the internet. :shock: :?

I'm a lunatic for buying hay off the internet :roll: I could fill a barn with farm hay for the money I spend on one delivery :shock: got no car though :(

I'm a lunatic for buying hay off the internet :roll: I could fill a barn with farm hay for the money I spend on one delivery :shock: got no car though :(

Me too. I have a collection of oat hay in the shed and just ordered more the other day :oops: :lol:

I order and buy hay from local farms :D As long as your rabbits are getting hay it doesnt matter where you get it from ;)

sorry that wasnt very clear, i mean cus i dnt use timothy hay, and i once said 'i wouldnt buy it off the net i would just use whats available to me' and someone said 'well if you cant be bothered 2 get whats best for your pets then thats up to you'

:( was ages ago

sorry that wasnt very clear, i mean cus i dnt use timothy hay, and i once said 'i wouldnt buy it off the net i would just use whats available to me' and someone said 'well if you cant be bothered 2 get whats best for your pets then thats up to you'

:( was ages ago

Hmm... sounds very silly, since lots of people buy meadow hay by the bale on this forum.

hmmm sounds like it was jus one persons opinion! sorry if i made it sound lyk you all thought the same! apolegies! x

I think there is a simple solution here, If anyone is worried about being critisised about a point they are about to make, dont make it. We all look after out pets differently and there will always be someone who does not agree with the way you look after you pet. If you ask for advice then at least take it in, if its just a comment be prepared for people to comment back. I think this forum is great and have learned lots of things in the past. If there is something that I dont know that maybe I should then I try to find someone who has already asked for advice on the matter, or I have done my own research. I think it is terrible that some people are made to feel like bad pet owners but everyone is entitled to and is always going to express their opinion.:roll:

With regards to the hay thing, the only reason i can see to criticise farm hay is the possible presence of mites in it. Hay brought in a bag is usually treated and shouldn't contain mites. Maybe that the point someone was trying (badly) to make?

probably. makes sense. i dunno, sometimes i think im being over sensistive, but then i think its because we all try to be the best we can be for our pets so when someone shoots you down it can be upsetting. i think this tread was a good idea because now we can all try and think how we are wording things :)

Back