• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to cope with the guilt after surrendering bunny?

BambiBun

New Kit
A few months ago I had to give up my bunny to the humane society :( I could not keep my bunny due to my living situations, I tried everything I could to keep her but it was so hard. I realized that I had no other choice but to give her away. I was crying everyday I missed her so much, shes with a new family but I feel like a failure. I feel like i didn't try hard enough. I still feel guilty. I've been crying for the past couple days I really do miss her sleeping with me and licking my hand. Its so hard for me to even look at a bunny without being reminded of what ive done. How do I cope with these feelings? :(

Last edited:
Bunnies can be stressful and some require more time ,space,financial,or other commitment than many can offer.
You did the right thing to give your's a good life, so take comfort in knowing your bunny is adopted by another family who may be in a different circumstance than you.

You did the best you could for her and the hardest thing for yourself. I rehomed my bunny when her husbun died and I because I was nursing my elderly dogs I didn’t have the time and mental capacity to give her extra attention and bond her to another bunny. It was very hard to do on the one hand but easy on the other hand because I knew she would be very well looked after and loved and have a new partner. I know she is very happy and healthy now and that was a great comfort.

Back